Monday, October 4, 2010

SAM Creative Challenge

Time for the monthly scrapbooking challenge from Stampamemory.  This month's challenge is to scraplift something you have liked from the site - yes any page you like.  Now I thought this was an easy task .... but I had forgotten just how many great pages are on the site LOL


Eventually I decided upon Di Gill's page titled Moo.


Di Gill's pageI really love Di's style of placement and her embellishments are all just right.  

IMG_6990
My photo that I wanted to use was a little larger than Di's so this immediately created a different look.  I used the new Love Letter designer series paper - the cardstock colours that match are Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red and Basic Black.


IMG_6993
The title has been cut using the Big Shot and the edging with the little Spiral punch.  I've sponge the edges of the Very Vanilla with Riding Hood Red ink to soften them.


IMG_6992
My little embellishment on the side has been created using theHeart to Heart punch.


IMG_6991
And the little bird is from the new Hostess Level One set - Punch Potpourri - isn't he cute - I've used the Two Step Bird punch to punch him out and to make the little branch that he sits on.  The Crop-o-Dile and large eyelet makes a great little embellishment too.


Loving this new paper ... you can expect to see plenty more it being used :)


So why not enter the challenge yourself this month.  Take a look through the site and find something you like and recreate it for yourself.  There is a Mr Linky on the site so that you can upload your photo - if you don't have a blog just email the photo through to me and I will load it for you.


Can't wait to see your entries and thanks to Di Gill for the inspiration - hop on over to her site ... she has some wonderful ideas.


Scrapping Signature



3 comments:

Erica Boxall said...

Always loved Di's version and now I love yours too. Just love the new DSP but haven't got this one yet, another thing to add to my list.

Delys Cram said...

I so love this DSP and love what youve done with this Nikki.

Di Gill said...

How gorgeous Nikki and what a huge compliment it is to be scraplifted. I really love what you've done with your layout. How great is it that we can all inspire each other. Isn't scrapbooking just fabulous on so many levels!!! Di xox