Monday, October 18, 2010

It's another Making Merry Monday and a JAI Challenge

Shall I scare you and tell you that there are 10, yes TEN, more Making Merry Monday's before Christmas ..... OMG!  


IMG_7008
So now that I have been mean, I thought I'd show you a very quick and easy card. Marina Mist is the new blue in the Subtles collection and perfect for the latest Just Add Ink challenge to 'just add blue'.


I ran the Very Vanilla cardstock through the Big Shot using the Vintage embossing folder.  I then sponged the edges with Marina Mist ink and a dauber, ran the Two Way glue pen around and dipped them into some Dazzling Diamonds.


Perfect Punches (page 93) is such a versatile set - I am finding it very handy for easy and quick sentiments.  I stamped the image twice and punched one with the scallop circle punch and the other with the circle punch - layering the two together with a Stampin' Dimensional - too easy as they say!


The lovely striped grosgrain ribbon is lovely and soft - so you can 'pinch' it together with a brad - here I have used a Filigree brad and a Rhinestone brad to match the blue theme.


That's it from me today - if I have scared you and you are thinking you must make a start on your cards and fancy coming to a class - sign up for the newsletter ... I'll be setting all the dates for the classes between now and Christmas - November's newsletter will contain all the details and all the sneak peeks - and don't forget to check out the Dress Up for Christmas promotion if you are wanting to buy a new festive stamp set (click on the link in the side bar on the left hand side for more info).


Blog signature


 



8 comments:

Sue Bayliss said...

Love the sparkly edge and the filigree brad and rhinestone are gorgeous Nikki

Anita Meade said...

Nikki, it is superb. Blue and white (or vanilla) is such a classy combination. Beautiful work. xx

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful! I especially like the glittery blue edges on the gorgeous embossed panel; so pretty.

Kelly said...

The Marina Mist certainly is a lovely colour. Love the ribbon in this colour. Beautiful card.
Kelly

Amy Buchanan said...

Very sweet. I love the subtle touches of glitter & the brad...

Debi Ryan said...

I too like the glitter around the edges, and yes I love the Marina Mist colour too- and the bling x

Danielle Daws said...

My goodness, is it really that close to Christmas? Yikes! Love this card! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink and supporting Anxiety and Depression Awareness Month.

Mae Collins said...

That filigree brad and rhinestone just sets that ribbon off perfectly, what a great idea!