Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Technique Blog Hop - Brayering

A  group of friends are blog hopping again - just a little group this time with five stops along the way ... if you've arrived from the lovely Judy May's blog, hello ... if you've started here that's great ... just click the links at the end of everyone's posts and you'll travel the full circle.


IMG_7142
I am always amazed by the response I receive when I share the brayering technique.  It's my technique of choice to demo at craft shows - hello if you were at Craft Expo and saw this card being created .... it is so simple.


IMG_7143
Here's some samples which I made at Craft Expo - you can see that each one is going to be different - there is no right or wrong finished piece - and they are little works of art.


Last year I created a tutorial for another card I did ... the technique is the same ... just different colours .... if you'd like the tutorial just leave me a comment and I'll email it to you - lots of photos so it is easy to follow.


 It is now time to go on your way ... of to see my lovely friend Christine Blain  have fun and I hope to see you again.


Blog signature


 



10 comments:

Judy May said...

Love this technique Nikki and you do it so well. I must give it go.

Sue Bayliss said...

Just love your brayered cards Nikki, the colours are fabulous

Christine Blain said...

Great technique, Nikki. I loved the different effects you've achieved with the skies, and the colours are beautiful.

Sue Madex said...

They look really effective Nikki - love the colours you've used.

Tina G said...

Wow! Your samples are stunning! I love the colours you've chosen, thye look really effective.

Rene from OZ xo said...

Thanks Nikki, I would love to try it and you say it's easy...easy for you difficult for me. lol
Rene from OZ xo

amy buchanan said...

I love sunset pictures! The colours in this one are gorgeous!

Sonia Rowe said...

Luv, Luv, Luve your card!!! I would love to give this technique a try and hope it is as easy and effortless as you make it look. Thanks for sharing.

Bec Gomez said...

I LOVE the moon in your brayered cards NIkki. Love the colours. You make stunning cards! Love Bec XX

Alisha Watson said...

OMG!!!! Nikki you have done it again, Fantastic.