Monday, May 17, 2010

SAM Challenge - A 'Shaped' Layout


SAM logo
Challenge time again ....  Ros has been the Challenge Master this month and wants to you to create ... 

"A 'shaped' layout, not your standard typical square or rectangle shaped layout."

I have to confess I struggled with this concept ...being a 12 x 12 girl, the thought of making something a different shape was hard .... I started by trying to draw the Eiffel Tower, then the Sydney Harbour bridge .... neither worked, then I was watching my son sort though his one milion and one footie cards and hey presto .... inspiration and a Footie Top!


IMG_5697
It's a very simple layout but I think the effect of the shirt shape makes it look a little more special.

Because the photo was so large there was no room for journalling ... so I created a little journalling tag using the Top Note Die Cut and left one side of the photo 'open' so that the tag can be removed.


IMG_5697 There were some additional expenses for this page too ... another packet of footie cards to replace the ones I have used on the page ... :o)

Ssshhh don't tell anyone, I do have a confession to make, this page will be going into our album as a 12 x 12 page :o)


IMG_5698
So now it is your turn ... can you make a shaped layout?  Upload it to the Stampamemory website here ... or send your images to me and I'll post them here on my site for you.  The prize is a choice of either On Board So Tweet Chipboard or On Board Batch Of Blooms - so certainly worth creating a page and entering our competition.


Scrapping Signature
 



2 comments:

Tina G said...

What a great idea for a layout. The shirt looks great on it's own, but I like it as a 12x12 too.

Sue Madex said...

Me too. It comes up well on that 12 x 12, but stands alone too. Great layout.