Monday, May 24, 2010

Making Merry Monday 2010 # 1

Yes it is back for another year ... the concept came from Anita Meade last year  .... to make a Christmas card every Monday ... so that by the time Christmas arrives you'd have a stash to help with the panic that usually sets in during this very busy time.  


Australian heart
I'm starting a little later than I wanted but that's okay .... it's still May and I still have seven months to go :o) This year I am going to make two of every card I create ... one for me ... and one to send to Tracey Hanshaw who will be collecting cards to send to our Defence personnel who are serving their country overseas.  This is a cause very close to my heart with a husband in the Navy .... and I met with Tracey at Convention - she is a warm and gorgeous person - mobbed by 'fans' at every opportunity .... more about Convention tomorrow.


IMG_5604
So here is the first card for 2010.  Winter Post is one of my favourite sets and I hope it will remain in the catalogue when it is republished in September ... this is also a great layout for a card.

It is so simple - in fact I just stamp away on a piece of Whisper White and then choose what I'd like to see in the squares by using the punch and select by looking before punching.  This way you can make of these little squares and it makes card production super quick.  The brad has been used heaps to pinch through several layers of the ribbon to created the bow effect just to finish it all off. 

I've used Real Red, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip - Versamark to create the background images and lots of sponging.

So there you have it ... post a comment or better still send me a photo of your Christmas creations if you want to join in this year .... check out Ros Davidson's blog too ... she started ages ago and already has quite a collection.

So as promised earlier - head back tomorrow for all the Convention news.


Blog signature
 



No comments: