Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Convention 2010 News

WOW - it is the only word that sums up almost 500 women (well almost 498, there were two men - how brave were they?), all in one city and at times, in one room .... all obsessed with stamping and scrapbooking!

My 'obsession' shall we say ... was fuelled this weekend watching and listening to staff from the Stampin' Up! home office in Utah doing what they do best ... sharing their passion for a company with ethics, values and a commitment to their 'staff' ... us demonstrators.

I know you want to see photos so here goes ....


IMG_3534My most favourite of all - having my photo taken with Shelli Gardener - CEO and Co Founder of Stampin' Up!  She makes herself so accessible to everyone - I wondered when I saw her photo if she really did smile that much ... and I am here to tell you she does. 

Her smile was the biggest during Prize Patrol ... a time when a room full of excited demos wait patiently to see if their lucky band colour appears on the screen to signal that they have won a free stamp set .... my band didn't appear so I had plenty of time to watch Shelli ... and my goodness did she smile when the Prize Patrol frenzy was happening.  Her passion as a CEO is infectious - she is so in touch with reality - and I love her strive for perfection and harmony.


Convention - Bonnie & NikkiAnd here is another lady who I admire very much - Bonnie Thurber the Director of Demonstrator Training.  Last time I met Bonnie she had lost her luggage on the way to Melbourne, this time she had lost her voice and did her whole presentation in a whisper ... and she said next time she hopes to have lost 100lbs - she needs to loose nothing - she is a gem and her presentations had my cheeks aching with laughter.


IMG_3517Here we all are - just finished lunch and ready for another session - a sea of demonstrators.


IMG_3526Pam Morgan, Vice President, Demonstrator Relations showing us how to exercise using the Big Shot machine - she was hysterical - again another person who oozes passion for the job that she does.


IMG_3432Shannon West, Training Event Facilitator - a beautiful warm person who made me fall in love with the Circle Scissor Plus - a tool which last week I was wondering why I had purchased - well let me tell you after her presentation I am hooked - and that is a 'man in black' one of a team of guys who made sure we could all see and hear what was happening - they did an excellent job.
 


Convention - Me, Miriam, Judy, Claire, NikkiAnd some of the Art with Heart team ... across the top - Christine Blain and Judy May, then across the front Miriam Thomas - the Number 1 Rising Star for 2010 and Claire Daly the Number 1 Demonstrator for 2010 - my upline - well done girls.


Convention - Nikki & SueAnd here is another photo I love - Sue Madex is a fellow demonstrator - a kind and sharing person who I work with to attend shows and exhibitions.  Sue is the number 15 demonstrator in Australia this year and she will be attending the Incentive Trip to Hamilton Island.  A very deserving winner - she is so giving of her time and resources - well done Sue :o)

A big well done to three other members of the Art With Heart Team - Kathryn Lowe, Ange Dickins and Sue Bayliss - all very talented ladies who received Stampin' Up! awards.

I've returned to Melbourne full of ideas of how to show you that Stampin' Up! really is the pick of the bunch - the warmth and passion of all the employees, the friendships I had forged through the internet which were realised in person in Sydney confirm, that I did indeed make the right choice in becoming involved in such a fabulous company.

So come back for more inspiration, more creations and more sharing .... I am rejuvenated and raring to show you some beautiful projects.

And for those that know me well - you'll appreciate all these photos of me ... I think I have just doubled my collection :o)

Oh and my swap ... well if my Canon SLR will do as it is told I will show you that in a day or two.  

I also have news of a recruitment special - and news of the new stamps sets we all received ... check out your newsletters which will arrive before the end of the week - not on the newsletter list ... then sign up now so that you don't miss out.


Blog signature
 



  



4 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Fabulous photos Nikki and a wonderful wrap up - you really captured the spirit of convention and of Stampin' Up as a company. It was lovely to share the convention excitement with you - can't wait til next year now!

Jody said...

Hi Nikki,
I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, they made me smile :)
Oh, and I am extremely envious of all the beautiful cards you make!
I cannot make one to save my life :(

Liz said...

Hi Nikki
Sounds like you had a fabulous time in Sydney. I am really looking forward to catching up next time to hear about all your new tricks!! And you have to be happy with these photos - you look wonderful.
Liz

Anita Meade said...

How very photogenic you are Nikki. You look gorgeous in all these pics. Sounds like convention was wonderful.