Friday, November 9, 2012

Ornament Keepsakes!

Ever since I saw the Holiday Traditions catalogue I have been itching to make the ornament on the front cover.  



IMG_2698
I can't quite describe how this ornament looks and feels once it is complete just two sheets of cardstock with some tulle and linen thread but it feels heavy and substantial - I am thinking that will last a few years hanging on the Sadler Christmas tree.  



IMG_2700
This is the back of the ornament.  There is quite a bit of stamping, hot glue-ing and die cutting but I have devised a plan to make this as quick as possible - even cutting two ornaments at the same time!



IMG_2702
Of course the second ornament is made from DSP (I'm not that clever to line up stamped images lol) - I love this one too.  The tulle is just so soft and luxurious.  I am thinking these will make lovely Christmas presents too - have made one for my Mum - just to finish the box before I pop it in the post.


I'm holding classes for these - as they are fiddly and time consuming I am keeping the class numbers low.  You will make two ornaments in the class - the cost for this class will be $25.


I have the following dates and spaces left:


Friday 16 November at 7.30pm - two seats left


Saturday 17 November at 2.30pm - three seats left


Thursday 22 November at 7.30pm - NEW DATE - five seats left


The classes have been very popular so if none of these dates suit let me know and I'll put you on a waiting list for a date in early December.


I'll be at the Chelsea Heights Ladies Market tomorrow night - so if you are local why not pop in and support the school - and check out the ornaments in real life.


Happy Stampin!


Nikki


x


 



1 comment:

Sue Madex said...

Love these! Beautiful colours.