Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us

19 years ago I married Paul - gee that sounds a long time ago doesn't it - does that mean we are old? Here's the card I made for my long suffering husband.


IMG_9746We are living apart at the moment - not by choice, the Navy needs Paul in Sydney and our home and lives are in Melbourne.  This is the first time we have had to do this and it isn't great, but it's a means to an end and that's what we keep reminding ourselves.  Paul gets home as often as he can and we visited a couple of weeks ago.


IMG_9680
Here we are in the Chinese Gardens in Sydney.  And now for something to make you smile .... I made Paul an album for his 40th birthday which included this page.


IMG_9751 It was pre Stampin' Up! days of course - look how young we were.  My husband had hair and I had curls - lots and lots of them .... what was I thinking?  Mum made my dress, my bridesmaid's dress, my head piece and veil and Paul's cravat.  On the way to our hotel on the night we were married, we both said we wanted to have the whole day all  over again - it was such a perfect day.


Sads, I hope you have a lovely day and the sun shines for you.  Thank you for the past 19 years, bribe the Navy poster to send you home very soon, love you x


Nik
x



7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Happy anniversary to you, even though you can't celebrate it together. Lovely post, Nikki. I like the photo of you and Paul in Sydney; a small reminder of your fabulous visit, hey? Hugs to you, my friend xx

kay hocking said...

happy anniversary nikki - love the post - and love your photos - you haven't changed a bit - still gorgeous

Paul said...

Hi Nik
love you too, you didn't tell me you where doing this...its a nice surprise though. Like the photo in the chinese gardens :) also I forgot I had hair once.
Love
Pxxxx

Paul said...

Oh and see I do visit your blog ;0)
Pxxx

Tina Gillespie said...

What a lovely post and layout. And how sweet of Paul to comment. I hope you're back under the same roof again soon xox

Kimmy said...

OOOOOH! Happy anniversary Nikki and Paul! Congratulations on 19 years of marriage! Wow! And this is such a beautiful post! I hope you are all back together as a family soon!

Sue Madex said...

What gorgeous pics Nikki - you both look so young, love the wedding photo. Hope you get some good news from the post allocator. Fingers crossed. xx