Thursday, September 10, 2009

Look What My Beautiful Daughter Made

IMG_2844


Olivia made this beautiful album for one of her best friends as a birthday present ... it is filled with photos taken with her mobile phone whilst at school of all the fun times she has had with her classmates. It's just 6 pieces of card stock (6" by 6") held together with ribbon.  Olivia used Old Olive, So Saffron and Pixie Pink and designed each page inside and even made little tags for some of her friends to write messages on.  


I wish I could show you the pages but sadly there are pictures of other girls and I'd need to check that it was okay to do so with their parents, so for now you just get to see the front cover, but suffice to say her friend loved it.  Olivia now has orders from all of her girlfriends for one on their birthdays.


Whilst she was making it I did think it's great that just a few pieces of matching card, ribbon, inks, Party Hearty stamp set and some lovely photos and she has produced a priceless gift - it took her two nights to put it together and she was very proud of the result.  She had fun as we sat together and I became her stamping assistant, and her friend will treasure it forever.  


Well done Livs ... perhaps you could make one for me for my birthday in October :o)


Love Mum


x



2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

I LOVE this, Olivia - what a beautiful, special gift for your friend. You've done an amazing job.

InkyArt said...

Thanks Christine ... been meaning to catch up with you all week ... so how's
life in Lilydale? Has your husband returned?
What do you with work and the kids in the holidays? I've got a week off
this time round ... can't wait ... got heaps of ideas I want to realise with
the website etc ... but I suppose I should also spend time with the kids -
lol.
Just checking in on you ... you've been a bit quiet on forum so I am
assuming you are a busy little bee.
Keep smiling and keep in touch
Nikki
x
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM, wrote: