Monday, March 18, 2013

Golden Anniversaries


I was asked to make a 50th wedding anniversary card last week.  As I was making it, I couldn't help but think of the recipients - 50 years together, all those memories, how different their lives must be today compared to when they first married - what a special moment to celebrate.



IMG_3315
Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Champagne Glimmer paper look so luxurious together.  The Memorable Moments set is so versatile - I have it in the clear mount option which makes it super easy to place the images where you want them (of course you can use a Stamp-a-ma-jig too).  This set is good for creating age related cards or scrapbooking pages - the numbers can be used as Save The Dates, or birthday invites even - great set.  In this instance I used a retired Timeless Type die cut for the numbers as I wanted them to sparkle.


The little tulle roses are individual flowers cut from the new Flower Trim (it's on page 5 of the new 2013 Seasonal Catalogue - its easy to miss I think).  I popped a large pearl in the centre of the little rose and used Glue Dots to attach them to the Glimmer paper.


IMG_3317


I finished off the inside using little pieces left over from the front of the card.  I loved the end result - simple but elegant I think.


The lady I made it for loved it - and I hope the couple who are celebrating their 50th loved it too.  If you have a special occasion coming up and would like a handmade card please do get in touch - each card costs $5 and can be picked up or posted to you.


Nikki


x



No comments: