Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thanks Mum!

Mum sent me a present out of the blue, something to make me smile she said.  I don't know what I was expecting to receive but it certainly wasn't the most beautiful pair of diamond cluster earrings.  They are so beautiful and I have been wearing them 24/7 ever since they arrived.  And yes they do make me smile, every time I look in the mirror I can see them and its like a hug from Mum.


Of course I had to send something to make Mum smile in return, so I pulled out the Stippled Blossoms set to create this card.


IMG_3294
Its a two set stamping process - and it magically creates the most beautiful roses.  I've used the same colour ink pad, but to create the paler solid image I first stamped the image onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping onto the card stock - this gives the lighter tone.  



IMG_3293
I hope this card makes my Mum smile.  Now that I've finally started my new job I am smiling again - its been a big week but I know this is going to be fun, especially as my new office is located in a Westfield shopping centre - so many shops to explore in my lunch break - whoo hoo.


Love you Mum x


Love Nik


x



2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Nikki. Isn't Stippled Blossoms stunning, and such fun to use? I see you have a Bow Easy - woohoo!

susannah cuckow said...

good luck in your new job,hugs to everyone
susannah