Thursday, March 14, 2013

Christening Cards


IMG_3299
I was asked to make two Christening cards last week.  The recipants were a three year old niece and a nephew who is one.


As I don't have any baby / little people stamps I thought I'd rustle up two shaped cards.



IMG_3302
I've made a card similar to this a while back - you can see it here.   It's such an easy card to make and looks so pretty.  I used a piece of scrap paper the same size as the card front to create the template.  If you fold the paper in half lengthways - then use punches and scissors to create the shape you need, this process provides you with a symetrical template to recrete using card stock.



IMG_3298
I followed the same process for this card too.  It's amazing what you can find to cut shapes - the little part at the bottom of the card to create the 'legs' was cut using a framelit from the Holiday Ornaments set (oh yes I hear you say).  The Designer Series paper is Tea for Two and the little elephant is from the A Fitting Occasion set.  To make this little stamped image more of a feature I used a series of circle and scallop punches to enhance it.


If you have a special occasion and would like a card made just let me know - the cost is $5 per card - if you live locally you can call in to collect or if it is easier I can post it to you.


Happy Stampin'


Nikki


x


 



3 comments:

Angela P said...

Very creative. These are both wonderful shaped cards.

Mary Kelly said...

So cute Nikki!
Mary

ヴィトンコピー通販 said...

」店長は、トップクラスの贅沢品の生産過程で特殊処理を経て、これが後期のケアの難しさに、少しうっかり壊し革張りが。