Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Yes in the UK today it is Mother's day!  That scared all my aussie friends didn't it - ha ha!  I was browsing the internet and saw an ad for flowers for Mother's Day - thank goodness for the odd advert here and there otherwise I would have completely forgotten.  It was Sunday, so I quickly whistled up two cards.



IMG_3290
I took part in a swap a couple of months ago and was inspired by a card made by Virginia Newcombe. Its been sat on my desk waiting for me to recreate - what perfect timing.


The frame cut in the front of the card has been created by using the Petite Curly Label punch - a Sale-a-bration freebie.  Just punch three times one way and twice the other- Isn't that a cool idea?


I used Teeny Tiny Sentiments to stamp Happy Mother's Day - as the words are in one line I used a marker pen to ink up each individual word so that I could stamp them one word below the other - stamped in this way meant that the sentiment could be punched using the the Petite Curly Label.  To make it stand out I also punched a piece of Silver Glimmer paper to create a little matted piece - all Mum's need a bit of sparkle don't they!



IMG_3291
Using Pleasant Poppies I stamped just part of the image onto a piece of Whisper White for the insert inside the card.  Using a Blender pen I coloured the image - adding a pearl as an accent.


So Happy Mother's day to both my mum and my mother-in-law.  I hope you both have a fantastic day.


Love Nik


x


 



No comments: