Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Seize The Birthday #6


Sketch 6Another challenge entry, this time for Seize the Birthday # 6 - it's a male birthday card this week.


Keeping with the theme of the past few challenges I've entered this week, it is of course ..... Midnight Muse, So Saffron and Whisper White .... and its for an 18th!


I'm really enjoying this new challenge site as it is helping to build up my birthday card stash and is forcing me to consider making male birthday cards - I've come to the conclusion that I don't have very many male orientated stamp sets - think I might need to 'invest' in one or two!



IMG_3264
I decided to turn the sketch on its side and introduce a wavy line between the two papers rather than a straight one.  The papers are from the Print Poetry paper stack in the new catalogue and I have cut them straight - the wavy Midnight Muse piece has been cut with the Tasteful Trim BigShot die.


To create the centre piece I first cut out a few flowers, doh!  Then I remembered, this was a male card, so changed that to stamped images from the Circle Circus stamp set.  


If you live in Melbourne I do hope you enjoyed our cooler day today - such a relief from the past few days.


Happy Stampin"


Nikki


x


 



2 comments:

Deanna said...

Super fun patterned paper and great us of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday this week.

stacey schafer said...

cute! thanks for joining us at STB!