Saturday, February 16, 2013

Create With Connie and Mary # CCMC239


6a01310fc1b623970c017ee8183eda970dWith my daughter's calendar filling quickly with 18th birthday party 'save the dates', I thought I might make a start on a pile of cards for her to give to her friends, and thought this would be a great way to enter some different challenges I haven't taken part in before - so first up is Create With Connie and Mary.


This first 18th is a very special one, its Amy's 18th and Amy and Olivia have been best friends for as long as we have lived here (10 years ago yesterday we touched down for the first time on the tarmac in Melbourne).  The request for Amy's card was black and white - but I have cheated and added in a touch of sparkle - every girl deserves a bit of sparkle doesn't she?



IMG_3257
Its a very bright and sunny day here in Melbourne today, so I'm not entirely sure why this photo looks grey, but its black and white I promise.



IMG_3259
I am really enjoying decorating the insides of my cards too.  I was a little worried about making just a black and white card but I think it came out quite well - just wished I had checked these photos before it was written in and sealed  :)


Enjoy your sunny and very hot weekend if you are in Melbourne.


Happy Stampin!


Nikki


x


 


 



11 comments:

Margaret Knoops said...

Lovely card Nikki! I'm sure Amy will love it too. Happy 10th "Living in Oz" Anniversary - here's to the next 10! xx

Judy May said...

This card is so elegant, Nikki and perfect for an 18th. The inside looks fab as well :).

Nikki Spencer said...

Super classy Nikki and perfect for an 18th. xxx

Anita Meade said...

Oh Nikki, the black and white is so classy, but you're right, a little bit of bling sets it off perfectly. Well done. I'm sure Amy will love it. xo

Narelle said...

This is such an elegant 18th birthday card - you can't go wrong with these classy colours! Your daughter's friend is going to cherish this card! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!
ps. I'm so over this run of Melb hot weather Nikki - and it's going to be the same all next week! I'm originally a Ballarat girl so I'm used to colder days :)

Debbie Henderson said...

Your daughter will absolutely love this card. Such a great color combo and the solo butterfly looks great at the bottom like that! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary this week!

melissa davies said...

Stunning beautiful card to celebrate a special day! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

Love the black and white with a bit of silver!! Always classy and stunning! Love the little butterfly, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

White, black, silver....PERFECT!!! And it really is such a sweet and simple card! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Sparkle is ALWAYS a good thing! Love the personalized 18 for your special card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Skip said...

Wow! Great to find a post with such a clear mseasge!