Thursday, February 14, 2013

More Amore!

Happy Valentine's Day.  I don't think this household could get any More Amore if it tried!  With two teenagers it was bound to happen I suppose, both Livs and KP have 'other halves'.  What better excuse than to rustle up a card or two!



IMG_3250
So first up is one for the love of Liv's life - the gorgeous Hayden.  It's hard to make a masculine Valentine's card without girlie stuff just appearing .... so I decided to use one  of the new soda pop tops.  A fellow demonstrator Christine Blain (she who does the bestest masculine cards ever) gave us a great tip - to flatten the bottle top a little just run it through the Big Shot.  Try it, it works a treat.


As I like ribbons and whatnot and I was trying very hard to make this masculine, I decided to add extra texture with both the Honeycomb and Lattice embossing folders.  Do you think he will notice that a little flower has sneaked in there?



IMG_3251
And then we have KP's card to give to his lovely girlfriend Lisa.  She is such a sweetie and I hope she loves her card.


Again I just love the More Amore paper and as it was spread out all over the desk it was quick to rustle up card number two.  I had a stamping date with the lovely and very talented Judy May this week and I hope she pops in here and spies all the little pieces I have used on the cards - just how lovely are the new Hearts a Flutter framelits?  Judy was a life saver too - she taught me the error of my ways with all the edgelits and so I am super happy to be using the little borders on both of these cards too - thanks Judy x


Now just in case you think I have forgotten someone .... I haven't, honest ...  but his card is in the post so I will show you that one and another special card tomorrow.


Hope you have a lovely day with someone you love.


Nikki


x


 


 


 



3 comments:

Judy May said...

They are both gorgeous, Nikki. Love all the little details you have added. You've got those Edgelits rockin' now! Glad I could assist. Judy x

Patchie said...

these are lovely Nikki. - Patchie xo

Hortencia said...

Happiness is having you as my frenid since 1960! The AMOREJOURNEY Website and Blog is inspirational will empower us Moms/ Women to be all we can be. Sharing our journey reminds us that we are here for each other. Claudia, you have always been so positive and so fun. All of us who know you are so blessed. Thanks for sharing your positive outlook and helping us to connect. I am excited for the AMOREJOURNEY! I will be sharing it with others!