Saturday, February 2, 2013

One LIttle Word Blog Hop for January


OLWbloghop_LOGO_zps1135306cLee Currie has taken over the reins for the One Little Word blog hop from Margie - thank you Lee.  


So this month we start afresh with our new words and our January assignment - and a new OLW badge - isn't it cool - thank you Melanie.  Welcome if you hopped over from Lynn's post ... and if you are starting here, great place to start!



IMG_3237
I was still a little undecided about this word for most of January, but I feel very comfortable with it now.  It's perfect for where I am this year and will work well for me as I set off on new adventures.



IMG_3232
I've created the twelve areas that I want to work with, however the assigment was to give each area a month or number.  As all of these would end up January or Number One .... I thought I'd leave that bit for now :o)


I plan to write a few ideas on the back of each card this month - just to remind myself of why of choose them and perhaps this will help for the word to work its magic in each area.  The little cards will be placed into pockets when I have completed this part.  Oh and I had better take a decent photo too I suppose.


CONSISTENT has played out well in January, I was consistently on holiday and I consistently did 'not a lot'. It was great fun!


I also addressed some of the areas I have highlighted this month - Strength and Fitness is being worked on with a neighbourhood boot camp - yes the neighbours have rallied together and twice a week we rock up on someone's front lawn and we are put through our paces by our local fitness guru - I even planked for five seconds ... yes five whole seconds and managed to run to the end of the Court and back without stopping (its a very long Court, honest)!


The Happiness area has me reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and this weekend I am joining a scrapbooking group which meets once a month - that's something new for Create.


Whilst I always wished I had achieved more, I am happy with my progress so far (especially the fitness bit - :o)).  


February will see me working on these areas and taking on a few new challenges.  I'll be working with Strength (strength of mind and character this time) as I attend interviews and settle on a new job, my Health as I give up alcohol for the month of February (is it coincidental that I chose the shortest month of the year to do this I wonder?) and Embrace, as I deal with the challenges and changes that are coming my way.  I'll also be giving my blog a little make over - more Creating.


Its time to hop along now to a very dear friend and OLW blog hopping partner in crime, Kathryn Ruddick  hope to see you next month.


Have a happy February.


Nikki



 


 



20 comments:

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Love the consistency you pursued in January!! Consistent holidays and consistant not much is awesome! Love your paper and colour choices - very yummy!

Alisha Watson said...

Love this Nikki, and love the idea of OLW it really does make me think about me and how I can improve myself. The colours are stunning together, will have to use that combo. TFS

Lee said...

Your cards are fabulous, Nikki! The colour combination is wonderful. You're off to a great start :)

Marya said...

Love your take on being consistently on holiday! :) So many great endeavours. Planking is hard, so rock those 5 seconds! I need to join a scrapbooking group, sounds like a great way to make like minded local friends!

Melanie said...

Your cards are fabulous. Love them!

Naomi said...

I would like to consistently relax... hmm. I loved The Happiness Project and just began Happier at Home, her next book. I'm hoping it'll help me cultivate some calm over here! I'm so happy to meet you and visit your blog.

Naomi said...

Oh Nikki... I saw your post about the little owls stamp and so I clicked over to Stampin' Up and now I am SOOOOOO in trouble. I just love all that stuff! I am blaming you if I buy too much, ok?

Kelly S. said...

Your layout is gorgeous! I am not a fan of planking either. My trainer has us doing them for two minutes. It sucks! Good luck with abstaining from alcohol! I've done it before for 30 days. I felt GREAT! I got a kick out of watching others drink a little too much at social events. Different perspective! I look forward to future posts!~Kelly

Cheri said...

Your cards are gorgeous Nikki - love that bright pop of lime green for the title card! You have some wonderful intentions for the year - I'll be following closely to see how it all plays out for you.

Missus Wookie said...

Woot on the planking for 5 seconds! I like the calming grey with the font combination. Good luck on the others - the Happiness Project is fun I read it when it came out. Helped me develop my ideas for Colour a couple of years ago :)

Ruth said...

Your cards are fantastic ~ I love what you've done with them!

Mary Kelly said...

I think consistent is a good word for you to have chosen as I think you are consistent in so many ways - consistently cheerful, helpful, creative, talented and caring, to name a few. Good luck with your projects for the year.

Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake!) said...

Stopping in to say "hello!" I love your colors. Beautifully done.

Karen DiPasquale said...

Lovely project and great word :)

Karen DiPasquale said...

I read your comment on my post and was very touched. My mother has dementia and I'm no longer able to communicate with her. I'd give anything to have her pick up the phone :( Follow your heart!

Bec Kilgore said...

I am really loving the blog hop. Thanks you for participating. I am blessed by all I am readhing here and on the other OLW blog posts.

Sue Madex said...

I love your cards Nikki. I'm reading that same book - some great ideas in it aren't there. Really enjoying it. I love the sounds of your plans and progress with your word for 2013. Always love your OLW posts. All the best.

Janet Carr said...

S T U N N I N G!!!!!!

Kara said...

Your cards are beautiful. What a wonderful word - looking forward to seeing all you do this year.

Lisa said...

Nikki--I love your cards! And I think that consistently doing not a lot in january was just perfect :) I've also just started The Happiness Project; I can't say I'm riveted, but I'm hoping it will grab me soon. So glad you're on the hop this year; your blog is one of my favorite stops.