Sunday, February 17, 2013

Just Add Ink #153 Colour Challenge

Nikki Spencer from the Just Add Ink team set a colour challenge this week - I love blue, yellow and white together - reminds me of a beautiful duvet (or doona as they say in Australia) that I wanted when I first got married.  It was from Marks and Spencers and was covered in blue and yellow flowers - needless to say it never graced our bed, Paul and flowers?  Never in a month of Sundays.  But its funny how this colour combination always reminds me of that moment when we were first setting up home together.



JAI_CC_153
So I made a flowery card?  No I didn't - although now as I am sitting writing this I think I might do!  I'm still making the stash of 18th birthday cards.



IMG_3261
 I think you could use this card for a boy or a girl - although if Olivia decides to send it to a girl I think I will add some little So Saffron flowers to the number 1, just to pretty it up a little.



IMG_3262And the inside is complete too - these little pieces were just sitting on my desk - off cuts, why have I never thought of decorating the inside of cards like this before?  So quick to just add a few of the left over bits onto a piece of Whisper White - love it.


I might need to go for a lie down - two challenges in two days .... that's a record :)


Nikki


x



4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Lovely, Nikki. I adore that paper from the Print Poetry stack - must use it myself! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink. xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Hey Nik, what a great non-gender specific card, love the twine criss cross effect and at this rate you will certainly get all of those 18th cards in stock in no time! Great to have you play along at JAI. xxx

Louise Sharp said...

Hi Nikki, I struggle sometimes with age cards...I get started and then sit looking thinking what to do!
Blue and yellow were my favorite colours when I got married and my aunt made me a blue and yellow quilt. It's a wallhanging now and I still love it.
Your cards are always lovely. I often look at your swap card from last years convention and the effort you put into it. It's one of favorites.
Louise X

Chantell Randall said...

Fabulous - I love all the shapes and textures. The Rick Rack strips are great. Chantell JAI