Saturday, January 21, 2012

Twelve Update

Although I am a little 'scared' as we are mid way through January and I am yet to make one of the 12 layouts for the month of January I am excited.  The whole idea of Twelve is to simplify the art of scrapbooking by providing you with topics and daily prompts to ignite your inner creative being.


I've completed all the prepartion work which involved making a lovely Inspiration box.  I've used the very yummy Spice Cake DSP from Stampin' Up! which is a new product in the latest Summer Mini.   I really love this paper and as this little box is going to be with me all year long I thought it was perfect to put it to good use.


IMG_0894
I bought the little clipboard in Officeworks and covered that with the same DSP.  


For each of the Twelve topics I've allocated a colour and started to complete the inspiration cards to help with my mojo is lacking.


I've started an embellishment box - we need to gather 12 embellishments for each of the 12 colours - I've shopped my stash and I seemed to have had a flower fetish at some point LOL.


IMG_0891
I'm going to be taking part in an embellishment swap with fellow Twelve students and so I hope to fill this box with more than just flowers.  And of course, I am going to be make some embellishments of my own with all the lovely Stampin' Up goodies that I have too.


I then received some happy mail - I knew this was coming and that some of my local friends had received their envelopes so the tension was mounting when I finally found my parcel in the mailbox this week.


IMG_0922
Perhaps I'll eat those Skittles when I have finally finished all 144 layouts - better check the best before date hadn't I LOL


IMG_0923This little notebook is to carry around in your purse so that have something to jot down something that inspires you when you are out and about and the bingo cards are so that you can check off the things to do each month.


And the lovely journal is for writing your thoughts in too.  We also receive daily emails - thought provokers - some of them have been a little weird - but then sometime later, a thought occurs to me for a page - so pleased I now have somewhere to write all these little thoughts down before they are lost again.


I am really loving the whole concept - now just to FOCUS and make a page or Twelve!


Let me know if you are joining in with Twelve too - and if you'd like a bag of flowers I am sending RAK's to anyone who wants some.


Nikki


x


 


 



3 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Happy TWELVEing. Love your box of dividers and clipboard. I just did my first layout - 143 to go!! Yay. Looking forward to sharing Twelve with you over the 12 months.

Kara said...

I love your inspiration box - really pretty. I'm yet to do a single one of my layouts either.

Perri said...

Doing a bit of blog surfing and came across your blog :-) Love the TWELVE idea it's great ...
Happy scrapping, P