Monday, January 23, 2012

1st Layout of 2012, 1st of 144 and 1st JAI Scrapbook Challenge

Yes this is the first layout of 2012.


All about what we did on the 1st of January 2012.


It is the first layout for my Twelve project .... only 143 to go :o)


So I think it qualifies as an entry for the Just Add Ink Scrapbook Challenge - Firsts or Ones.


IMG_0941
I wanted to include a few pictures, but I only wanted to do a single page layout so I cropped them all and then played with them until they sat together well.  Of course colour was going to be an issue with this many photos so I flicked through the Stampin' Up DSP pages of the catalogue and found this piece from the Paisley Petals pack - matches well with KP's top and the fireworks - perfect.


I loved the concept of firsts and so all the journalling around the outside relates to this - Firsts on the First of the First of Twenty Twelve, Our First time watching the fireworks in Sydney, First Sadler - Petrie event of Twenty Twelve and First time visiting Bondi Beach on the First.  


A part of the Twelve concept is to 'colour code' each of the Twelve topics - so Holiday is my red orange topic.  Students are encouraged to use a small embellishment on the page in your chosen colour - so I've included some Real Red brads as accents - ordinarily I would have just chosen the Cajun Craze ones only but I like the contrast.


IMG_0943
This was a super quick easy layout to put together.  Pop on over to the JAI scrapbooking challenge and why not put in an entry yourself - so much fun.


I am really loving the learnings of the Twelve course - I'll be back in a day or two with my second layout - one all about Me.


Happy scrapping.


Nikki



6 comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

This is a super wonderful page Nikki! I love the way you've been able to keep to one page and layer the pic's!! I also really like were you did your journalling and the hand drawn frames around it all!! Very cool page!!
Smiles Sharnee :)

Claire Daly said...

Lovely to catch up on your blog tonight Nikki. Looks like you all had a fabulous time in Sydney together :) Love the way you have grouped the photos together in your layout - simple but really personal and effective. Love it. Looking forward to following your scrapbooking and card making this year. Sending you smiles and happiness!

Christine H said...

144 pages...my non-scrapping mind just can't get a grasp of that! But well done...you've started beautifully and as the saying goes...The journey of a 144 layouts starts with a single page :) xx

Delys said...

Lovely LO Nikki and love your doodling and journalling frame. Thanks for playing along with our first Scrap challenge at JAI!

Ruthy said...

Awesome Nikki great way you placed the pics and nice that you got to be there for real (one of my dreams) thanks for playing along at JAI!

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Nikki, l love that the focus is all your great pics & minimal embellishments, it looks like you had a wonderful time & l look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work.
Thanks for playing along with our "First" JAI scrapping challenge.