Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mid January Already?

I looked at the calendar today and thought .... really?  Are we really half way through the first month of 2012?


I bet you have been wondering where I have been haven't you.  Well I am here, just busy, unfortunately not busy making lovely things to share with you - but up until yesterday I wasn't busy at work either - isn't that a good thing.


I have been a happy busy bee as I am decluttering and simplying the house, garage and garden and catching up on all those tasks that I have put off over the course of last year.   Olivia did ask me if 'decluttering and simplifying' was really just another way of saying you are 'throwing everything out and starting again' ..... hummm now there's an idea .... but no,  I have assured her that the decluttering bit is the easy part ..... not buying any more clutter is going to be hard ... but doable .... unless we are talking Stampin' Up! stuff of course (come on girls lets be reasonable ..... not completely insane).  I have of course had to buy some new things - like boxes and storage items but all in all the house is feeling far more organised - well almost I still have some more to do.


So you don't think I have abandoned you altogether I thought I'd share a few holiday snaps.


We had Christmas at home and then we travelled to hubby's house in Sydney for ten days.  And here's what we did:


IMG_0712We had a picnic with our friends and waited for the New Year's Eve fireworks.


IMG_0742We loved loved loved the fireworks.


IMG_0803We went to Bondi Beach and had lunch and sat on the steps of the Opera House on New Years Day.


IMG_0845We rode on the ferries everywhere and made funny faces!


IMG_0860Paul and KP fished.


IMG_0426


KP and I spent a night at the Royal North Shore Hospital and he had to go to theatre to fix his finger after he tried to chop it off whilst cutting up a chocolate bar!  Ouchy ouch.


IMG_0818The Sadler gang  just hung out together for twenty days - bliss!


So you see I have been busy .... head back in a day or two - I have more to share with you.


Happy January.


Nikki


x


 



1 comment:

kay said...

how wonderful Nikki - you all wouldn't know yourselves having all that time together - perfick!!