Friday, January 20, 2012

I've Moved!

Nope not house or blog hosts ..... crafting spaces.  Part of the de-clutter and simplifying process was to move my crafty gear from the lounge (where it was taking over) to a new home.  


I now officially have a craft room ... well 90% of the room is mine ... shush don't tell my husband ... its going to be a surprise when he gets home to find the study has been converted - only joking I did tell I was going to do it - I think he is worried it will soon look just like my little nook in the corner of the lounge! 


Here's the desk where I used to sit:


IMG_9435
I used to sit here and make everything - surrounded by chairs I had borrowed from the kitchen to give me a bit more space.  My stamps and card stock lived in the cupboard in the kitchen.


And here I am now:


IMG_0897A huge desk - and I have everything plugged in and ready to go - expect to see more embossing LOL.



IMG_0898Just so tidy - wonder how long it will last!


Look at all that space.


Very excited and really looking forward to sitting at my new desk. 


IMG_0902The lounge looks heaps better now that all my stuff isn't 'all over the place'. 


The only downside is that I can't see the television from the new craft room - but that's okay, once I've watched Coronation Street and Eastenders I just pop into my little haven and crank up the radio.


I'm a little sad to leave my little secretary desk - I bought it in an antique shop with some money my granny left me - it reminded me of both my granny and grandad.  


So I am planning to convert it to a gift wrapping and letter writing desk - back to its original use I think - it will be good to have everything in one place.


It suits our lounge perfectly and I know we will never part company.


I was too embarrased to photograph it in its entirety before I started to move things into my own room (insert blushing smilie right here).


 


Right best get into that new room and start creating I think.


Nikki


x


 



2 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Oh that looks lovely lovely Nikki. A gorgeous space for creating. Love the secretary desk too in the lounge - a beautiful journal writing space? Happy crafting in your new set up.

Christine Blain said...

Not sure how I missed this post, but I'm glad I've seen it now. Nikki, your new craft space is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love it!