Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blog Hopping with the Summer Mini

Its blog hopping time - the first for 2012.  This is the time to showcase all the lovely goodies from the new Summer Mini - there are some very yummy things and of course, for every $100 you spend between now and the end of March you will receive a free stamp set, designer series paper pack or set of embelllishments - got to love the free stuff!


IMG_0938I've used the very yummy Spice Cake designer series paper to create another scrapbooking page for my Twelve course. This paper is so yummy and works well with soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, River Rock and Very Vanilla - so you just know with that line up of neutrals, blues and greens you are going to love it.


IMG_0939I decided to use Pool Party as my accent colour and teamed it with lace and pearls.  And just in case you think I have lost my marbles completely, the colour I have allocated to Me for my Twelve course is purple (it is my favourite colour) so the little Elegant Eggplant button with the little pearl is to remind me this is a Twelve page.  The flower embellishment is a piece of lace which I have threaded with cotton and pulled to make a ruffled flower.  I've then added a punched flower, pearls and ruffled ribbon to finish it off.


I hope you are enjoying the hop - it is time to be on your way, off to visit the lovely and very talented Kathryn Manglesdorf.


Have a super weekend and happy scrapping.


Nikki


x



8 comments:

Claire Daly said...

That's an absolutely beautiful page Nikki, and a lovely photo of you :) I love how you have embeelished your page especially.

Sue Madex said...

Great layout and photo Nikki! Love the layering of the papers and that lacy flower is beautiful. Love the little pinch of purple too! Happy Twelving!

Christine Blain said...

Wow - what a beautiful page, my friend! Love the little embellishments (and the touch of purple is perfect).

Alisha Watson said...

Nikki, what a lovely page, I love that pic of you and Spencer. He looks so innocent LOL. The hint of the lace flower is stunning.

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Nikki, I never think to print a photo in black and white it makes your pages just all that more striking. Love the weaven look and the flower accessories.

Tina Gillespie said...

Gorgeous layout Nikki! The DSP works beautifully with your photo and your embellishments are perfect. Lucky for Spencer that he looks so cute or you may have been tempted to give him away after all his naughtiness!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

SNAP!! Black & White photo, Spice Cake DSP & a splash of purple LOL! Happy Twelving!!
All I can say is "Great minds think alike" and I love your photo and your gorgeous layout!
Lovely job my friend, can't wait to see more of your Twelve pages!

Chris Henderson said...

Your scrap booking always inspires me, Nikki, and this beautiful page is no exception. It enhances your lovely photo perfectly. xx