Monday, November 7, 2011

Stampamemory Challenge - November 2011 - Double Page Layouts

Its been ages since I have felt the need to complete a double page layout, how about you?  This month the Stampamemory team challenge you complete just that ..... I used to struggle to get everything to fit on one page but now one page layouts are all that I complete.  I found this a little challenging .... so I chose a subject that had lots of photos.


IMG_0086
Our trip to Sydney gave me lots of photos.  By cropping all the family ones first I was then able to include the photos of the other memories, cropping them to fit in the empty spaces.


IMG_0090I tied the two pages together using a simple hand drawn dashed line around the border.


IMG_0092
And I balanced the pennant title on the top left hand side of the page against some little buttons on the bottom of the opposite page.


IMG_0089Having punched out the pennants using the punch I then embossed them with polkadots and stapled the little flags onto a piece of seam binding and cut slits in the cardstock to feed it through.


IMG_0091I  created some little title blocks using a circle punch.


IMG_0094And the Scallop Square die cut for the Bigshot makes a create journalling block. I've used the Beau Chateaux papers with Marina Mist and Soft Suede cardstock.


I enjoyed creating this double page layout and as we are off to Sydney again this month it was great to have scrapped the previous visit.


Why not have a go yourself and enter our November Challenge - check out all the details here.


Happy Monday


Nikki


x



4 comments:

kay said...

hey - great layout nikki - and ooh, british lolly shop - neeeeeeeeeeeed bennett's hard liquorice sticks - if you get a chance??
hey, i still owe you $15 - must arrange to catch up...

Lynn Powell said...

Great layout nikki - love your journalling blocks!

Tina Gillespie said...

I love the way you've cropped the photos to different widths, adn the circular journalling blocks are very cute. Great minds think alike on the bunting!

Claire Daly said...

Love this page Nikki! Ditto to what Tina said about the cropping and the circle journal blocks. It's a fabulous page and great photos :)