Wednesday, August 11, 2010

JAI Challenge #29

The girls at JAI have a colour challenge this week - I did like these colours when I saw them but I actually struggled to include Kraft - yes I know ... shock horror!

JAI28.jpg

IMG_6433
Now I am really not sure about this card ... I like the ribbon detail - that's been in my head for a little while now but I am not sure about the placement of the flower.  I've used the So Swirly wheel and a Rose Red ink pad for the background .... the floral stamp is from the Tiny Tags set  and the sentiment from Pocket Silhouettes ... you can see I fiddled with this for a while can't you.

The ribbon is the 1/4" grosgrain, I've knotted little bits along a main peace - Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla.  Oh and I've sponged a bit here and there too.


Blog signature
 



7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

I love this, Nikki! The flower looks sweet where it is. Maybe try another variation, with the flower in the centre where all four squares meet? Beautiful card, though, my friend.

Kylie Bertucci said...

I love what you have done with the roller - I so need to get mine out more often. I hardly ever use it. Great work using the Kraft too!! or Crumb Cake.... lol I have to get used to that. Its going to take a while.

Jessica T said...

What a fabulous card with a lovely festive feel to it! Love the knotted ribbon detail too xx
I followed you over from http://top50cardmaking.blogspot.com/

Danielle Daws said...

Nikki! I love this! I especially love how you've done the ribbon!

Jodene said...

Love it Nikki, especially all the ribbons at the bottom :)

Amy Buchanan said...

I do like this Nikki - it has such a wonderful Christmas feel to it - and it is simple but beautiful in the detail. I really love the ribbons too!

Anita Meade said...

This card is right up my alley Nikki! Love everything about it. Well done.