Friday, August 13, 2010

Baby Cards


IMG_6435It has been a while since I have had a need to make a baby card - but this week I have needed two - two little baby boys for two friends of mine.

This is Apricot Appeal and Brocade Blue - both colours I haven't used before and both colours are retiring at the end of this month.  I used the Classic Stars wheel and a Versamark pad to create the background. The stamped image is from the Fun Fast Notes set which I have stamped using Stazon black onto water-colour paper.  Using a marker pen and the aqua-painter I have coloured the image with Brocade Blue.

I've wrapped some Apricot Appeal 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around the card before attaching the Tiny Tags 'baby' details with Hemp Thread.

Both mothers and babies are doing well - I hope they enjoy their cards.


Blog signature
 


 

1 comment:

Anita Meade said...

Beautiful colour combo for baby boys Nikki - so cute. I haven't used Apricot Appeal all that often, I must admit, but you have made it look fantastic by pairing it with Brocade Blue (which I've used lots). Don't you just love those tiny tags?!
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all your kind words about my graphite drawings on my blog. Your encouragement of my artwork has been so wonderful and I want you to know how much I appreciate you taking the time to leave me some feedback. You are too kind. Many thanks, Anita.