Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Steven

Its not my brother-in-law's birthday yet - it's next week (OMG I am early for a change), but I am pretty certain that he doesn't visit my blog and so I am safe to show you my challenge entry to the Just Add Ink Challenge - just add stitching.

Inspired by Sue Madex's card for the Art With Heart team blog hop, I made this card using my favourite star punches - yes I know it looks nothing like Sue's card - but isn't that always the way - you sit down to make one thing and end up making something else - at least there are stars on it!


IMG_5909
As I sat putting little cross stitches into the middle of the big stars .... and running a line of stitching along the bottom of the card it struck me that this is how my crafting passion began, that was nearly 20 years ago.  I used the mat pack to create a row of neat little holes - which I then ran a piece of Linen thread through.


IMG_5910And here is a close up of the stitching - just in case my Mum pops in to have a little look - she knows how good ..... hummm okay ... how bad I am with a needle and thread.

So Happy Birthday to Steven, brother of Paul, and Uncle to Olivia and Kieran .... lets hope he is celebrating this time next week.


Blog signature
 



6 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Love the little knots in the stars Nikki. What a great card. Think we're starting a star trend?? :-)

Amanda said...

This is so sweet. Great colour combo and take on this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing!

Alisha Watson said...

Love it Nikki, I love the way this little yellow stars on the punched out background, it looks great

Danielle Daws said...

What a great card, the linen thread looks fantastic! :-)

Christine Blain said...

Nice stitching! Can never have too many stars on one card, I say. :)

mum said...

"mum" has popped in for a look,as she does most days,and your stitching is great! love from mum xx