Monday, February 15, 2010

SAM Challenge # 4 and Joining The Design Team!

Over the Christmas break I wrote down a list of goals for 2010, these ranged from the usual lose weight and get fit, to read more books and complete two scrapbooking layouts a month. 

The very next day I received an email from the lovely Stampamemory (affectionally known as SAM) girls asking if I would like to join SAM as a member of their Design Team. Well if you could have seen me dancing and cheering you would have laughed. I was so chuffed to be asked ... and accepted without hesitation ... afterall this meant that I couldn't really fail to achieve one of my New Year's resolutions! 

I am so honoured to be part of such a brilliant and talented team of girls - I just hope that I can live up to their very high standards.

SAM started in August 2009, with six Art with Heart team demonstrators planning to inspire us all with their beautiful pages created exclusively with the versatile Stampin' Up! product range. I've been an avid fan.

So here is my very first layout completed for the SAM challenge ... here's the brief ....

Colour challenge. Black and White plus one other colour of your choice. You can have as many shades of the additional colour, but only black and white besides that.

IMG_4456This photo has been sitting on my desk for ages waiting to be scrapped - and the title has been in my head for just as long.

The journalling reads:

Max loves to be with you, to run off with your tennis balls so that you will chase him!

You share your lollies with Max!

Max sleeps on your bed - under the covers if he can!  He loves you x

IMG_4457Firstly I covered the chipboard letters with the paper, using the Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive and then used some fine grade sandpaper to remove the paper around the edges and make them look a little 'dog-eared' (sorry very bad joke!).  I don't cut close to the chipboard and then sand ... I just sand the paper away - I find it gives a better finish.  I then used the dauber to ink the edges of the letters with Whisper White ink and added the Crystal Effects for added gloss.

I like to mix up alphabets, so I have also stamped a few of the letters too, either onto patterned paper or onto cardstock, cut around these and added the Crystal Effects too.

IMG_4461The edging strip is made up of several sheets of patterned paper which I have 'roughed up' using the distressing tool (which is part of the Cutter Kit) - I've then layered these together and attached these to the page on a slight angle.

Materials Used:

Stamp Set: Jumbo Alphabet, Outline Alphabet

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise

Designer Series Paper:  Pink Flamingo

Ink: Craft Whisper White, Basic Black

Embellishments:  Jumbo Brads 5/16" still available from Spring Mini 09 (item number 112534, $15.50 for 80), On Board Timeless Type chipboard letters and Crystal Effects

Tools: Cutter Kit (distressing tool to rough up the edges of the papers and card), dauber for sponging and some sandpaper from the local DIY store.

Hope this inspires you to pull out your favourite photo and enter our challenge ... check out the details here.

Scrapping Signature
 



5 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Love the layout Nikki. That title looks fab with the combo of stamped and chipboard letters. Welcome to the SAM crew!

Claire Daly said...

Love this Nikki! Great job with the challenge - love the journaling detail and what a cool idea to mix up the title with stamping. Look forward to seeing your pages!

Anne said...

Love those colours! Definitely inspired me. Great photo too - what handsome boys...

Christine Blain said...

This is gorgeous, Nikki - great debut! The colours look fantastic, and I like the 'fuzz' under the journalling. Nice touch with the distressing and brads (two of my favourite things)!!

Di Gill said...

Love the colours Nikki! Welcome aboard, it's great to have you on the team and to have fresh ideas to offer our viewers. Great page!