Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Moments

IMG_4420
Good morning, how are you?  I've been playing with the Happy Moments set again ... this time inspired by the lovely Co-Founder and CEO of Stampin' Up! who has been stamping onto pattern paper - you can see her cards here - they really are lovely.  

I thought that this was such a cool idea and not something I had tried before so I put ink to rubber to paper and I like it.  

When I took part in the Sale-A-Bration mini hop I found this lovely card with the birdie in the cage inked in a different colour, created by Amy Waters ... I loved it and just had to give that idea a go too.

Of course once I get started ... I can't stop trying new things so then I created the little 'suspended' sentiment (there has to be a better to describe that but for now my mind is blank!)  ... that was so easy too.

IMG_4421
I should have taken a photo of the inside to show you how I have finished off the ribbon - I don't like there to be 'loose ends' so I punched the chocolate chip oval piece twice and sandwiched the ribbon between it.  So the ribbon is stuck down on the front of the card with snail ... wrapped around the back and snailed again to finish up in between the two oval punched shapes.  Now if this makes no sense whatsoever (well it is past my bedtime) - leave me a comment and I'll photograph the back of the card in the daylight :o)

SUPPLIES

Stamp Set


Happy Moments

Card and Paper

Choc Chip, Always Artichoke, Urban Garden DSP

Ink

Choc Chip

Embellishments

Brad, Markers, Blender Pen, Choc Chip Tafetta Ribbon

Tools

Large, Medium and small oval punches, Scallop Edge Punch
Dauber for the sponging

Hope this inspires you to find yourself some creative time and try out some new ideas.

And finally, if you entered into the Blog Candy competition following our first ever Art With Heart Team Blog Hop - the winner will be announced very soon ... so watch your inboxes for an important message from team and good luck! 

Oh and thanks to everyone who took part and left so many lovely comments ... if you requested the template for the box this should now be in your inbox too :o)

Blog signature 



4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Oh this is beautiful Nikki and very clever! I have to admit that I might have to case this... :)
Love it!

Christine Blain said...

Very clever, my friend! Nice way to hide the ribbon ends; I like! Love this little stamp, and love what you've done with it.

Claire Daly said...

Ooohh that's a bit high tech! Lovely card there!

Anita Meade said...

Hi Nikki. What a totally cute card! The "suspended sentiment" was a genius idea!
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me words of encouragement - especially re today's post. You kind words always mean a great deal to me. Anita. xxx