Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heart to Heart

IMG_4399If you subscribe to the newsletter you will have seen this card last month ... its a CASE of the card on page 15 of the Summer Mini and when I saw it I thought ... what a great idea.  

You can use this idea for any of the punches ... all I have done is to use the Heart to Heart punch twice on a piece of Whisper White and then attach ribbon pieces onto the back of the card to 'fill in' the punched shapes.  It can be a bit fiddly to get just the right look with the ribbon but it is well worth the effort.

I also stamped and punched the three little hearts from the I {Heart} Hearts set and attached just one with Dimensionals. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the FREE SAB collection - but you could change this to be any sentiment you wish.

SUPPLIES

Stamp Set

I {Heart} Hearts, Happy Moments

Card and Paper

Kraft, Choc Chip, Baja Breeze and Whisper White

Ink

Choc Chip and Real Red

Embellishments

Bits of ribbon

Tools

Scallop Edge Punch, Dimensionals


It's good to CASE sometimes ... and in this case this card was a for a very special friend for her birthday and as soon as I saw it in the new catalogue I knew who I was going to be making it for.

Don't forget that between now and the end of February, if you purchase the I {Heart} Heart set Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to the Red Cross who are helping in Haiti.


Blog signature
 



No comments: