Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Punch Art Monsters

IMG_3521
How cute are these little fellas?  I first saw these at the Regional event in Melbourne and then I kept seeing them everywhere.  So I just had to give them a go.  There's a little chocolate coin in between the two layers - perfect little gift the kids can help make for their friends.

The first time I saw these cute little fellas I thought I'd missed a new punch from Stampin' Up! but no ... this little spiky character is made using the scallop circle punch.  All you do is punch one scallop circle and then repunch it ... off centre to create spikes.  Now I know what you are thinking ... how on earth do you line it up ... well you attach a temporary 'handle' using temporary adhesive so that you can 'steer' the punched piece into the right place.

I recently spent a really lovely day with my best friend's girls Ash and Tess along with Olivia making these little cuties. Now if you are an 11 year old boy who would rather be playing sport what do you ... well you say  'oh well if that's what we are doing today I 'suppose' I could join in but I'm not really in the mood I'd rather be playing sport' and then this is what you make ....

IMG_3520 How cute are they?  I love the guitar and ability to create something just by picking up the scissors and snipping away - he did have fun but he wasn't going to admit it!  Well not within earshot of the girls!

Hope you are finding some time to be creative today.  Back soon with more to keep you inspired.

Blog signature
 

  

2 comments:

Claire Daly said...

These little fellas are so cute Nikki!

Kylie bertucci said...

I love those monsters, and they were such a hit at paperific. Look out in the mailbox this week, I haven't forgotten you my friend!!