Sunday, February 28, 2010

Easter Blog Hop

Well its time again for another Art with Heart team blog hop - Easter is our theme this month. Our team has over 90 members; we enjoy the added benefit of an extremely active forum - here is just the work of a few of us.

You may have just come from the very talented DI Dunk, but if you are starting here, don’t worry … you can make the complete journey just by following the links at the end of each post. There are 14 stops along the way and we hope you will visit each one to see the wonderful creations we have to show you!

IMG_4556
Now I have a confession to make ... I don't own any Easter stamps and I was worrying that I wouldn't be able to pull this one off ... but its amazing how creative you can be when there is a deadline!

I've used the Outline Alphabet on watercolour paper to create the word Easter, the word 'happy' is from the 'happy birthday' stamp in the Saleabration set Happy Moments and the birdie and butterfly are from the Summer Mini set For Everything.

IMG_4554
The 'eggs' are punched with the large oval punch and I have stamped the Perfect Plum egg with a stamp from the Circle Circus set (love this set sooooo very versatile) and added some ribbon and a little sparkly brad.  The letters have been coloured in using the marker pens and a blender pen.  Now you may be asking why bother using a blender pen ... well the marker pens give a continual shade of colour and I like the blender pens as they give a more 'watercolour' effect ... and I find I have greater control over the colour than with the aqua-painter when colouring fine details like alphabets.

I've moved right out of my comfort zone into the Subtles range of colours, Sage Shadow, Perfect Plum and Apricot Appeal. Being a 'Northern Hemisphere' girl, Easter signifies the start of spring ... although I did stop at creating the odd daffodil or two ... stop smiling all you Aussie / NZ girls ... I'm learning that Easter now means Autumn and not Spring!

IMG_4555  At a recent workshop a customer told us all that she wouldn't be without her Stampin' Up! Paper Snips - I am ashamed to say at that point I didn't own them ... so I added them to my next order and yes she is quite right ... they are the best thing ever for cutting out little shapes ... so thanks Tammy S for the advice!

So do you like it?  Leave me a comment if you do .... if you leave a comment on each and every blog in the hop and then email me at nikki@inkyart.com.au, your name will be put into the hat to win some beautiful blog candy. There is a deadline of 72 hours to leave your comments (that's 6.00am AEST 3 March) and only non SU demos are eligible to win - although we'd love all visitors to leave some comments please - thanks girls.

Well, that’s all from me. Now you’re off to enjoy the beautiful creations of Judy May who is another Melbourne based demonstrator - love her work - you will be in for a treat!

Next month's theme is the new Autumn mini ... which I am calling the new maxi-mini because I want / need / have to have something from every page - LOL.

Blog signature
 

Here's the full list if you get lost along the way:

Ros Davidson
http://rosdavidson.typepad.com/ros_davi ... g-hop.html

Kristine Thompson
http://inkspotcreations.typepad.com/ink ... g-hop.html

Sue Madex
http://www.madexcreations.com/madex_cre ... g-hop.html 

Di Dunk
http://stampartbydi.typepad.com/my-blog ... theme.html 

Nikki Sadler
http://www.inkyart.com.au/inkyart/2010/ ... g-hop.html 

Judy May
http://judymay.typepad.com/just_judy_de ... g-hop.html 

Erica Boxall
http://www.ericaboxall.com/2010/02/east ... p-hop.html 

Christine Blain
http://christineblain.typepad.com/happy ... g-hop.html

Kathryn Lowe
http://www.katlodesigns.com/stamping_wi ... g-hop.html

Kim Meiklejohn
http://www.paperenchantment.com.au

Gayatri Murali
http://scrapawayg3.blogspot.com/2010/02 ... g-hop.html

Kathryn Mangelsdorf
http://klm55.blogspot.com/2010/02/art-w ... g-hop.html 

Tanja Westwood
http://tanjawestwood.wordpress.com/2010 ... -blog-hop/ 

Tina Gillespie
http://scissorspapercard.blogspot.com/2 ... g-hop.html



29 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Just beautiful, my friend! Aren't you resourceful, with your choice of stamps? End result looks fantastic, and I LOVE the colours you've used.

Tina G said...

Fantastic card Nikki!

Tanja Westwood said...

woops I comment about this on another post...too early in the morning to be thinking!! lol Awesome card Nikki. I love the bling egg and your colour selection

Monica said...

I think what you have made without using an Easter set is amazing. The eggs look great and so does the wording. I am from the southern hemisphere, but I dont mind a bit of Spring in Easter. The Easter Daisies in my garden come out every year at easter time. :)

Alisha Watson said...

Very lovely Nikki, I love the colours. thank you for sharing a beautiful card

Di Dunk said...

Gorgeous card Nikki. I can't believe how beautiful everyone's work is. This is so exciting!
Di D

Judy May said...

Lovely card Nikki and a great idea.

Bianca said...

Great idea, looks fantastic!

Ros Davidson said...

A great card Nikki with no Easter set. I had never thought of using that for Easter.

Nanette said...

Very clever card using all non easter "bits" Lovely!

Anne-Marie Stephanides said...

As someone with a limited amount of stamps I understand the fear of "can I pull this off"? But you certainly did! Wonderful creativity, can't wait to see more!

sherry said...

Love your card! I too own no Easter stamps as I am just starting out but love how creative you did your card!

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Hi Nikki, love your design with the Easter egg. It is surprising me just how many of us have not got an Easter stamp set, but you can be creative without them.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

I just went all the way thru the blog and all of the creations were absolutely amazing...especially that floral bouquet by Kimmie. WOW! You gals rock! TFS!
Cynthia Ferenz
SU Demo in Fredericksburg, VA
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers
stampindragon@verizon.net
www.stampindragon@blogspot.com

Mary said...

I just love the purple egg, the circles make it look so authentic. Well done.

Kimberley said...

I really like this because it not a stock standard square card. The different shape helps make it stand out

Mary Bennetts said...

Love the little birdie with the twig in his mouth
Cheers
Mary

Kimmy Meiklejohn said...

Oh what beautiful colours Nikki! I can't watercolour like you nor set a brad like you! :o) Such a beautiful card!

Kristine Thompson said...

This is FANTASTIC Nikki. So VERY Easter. I think we did alright for not owning any Easter sets lol.

liz said...

Beautiful, love your colouring

Diana said...

Just fantastic - love the non Easter creations - very inspiring and a wonderful result

Leanne said...

I love that you card is quite simple. It gorgeous

Andrea said...

A beautiful card, and a great example to those of us who also don't have stamps (yet) for every holiday!

Kathryn Lowe said...

Woohoo, eggs that you don't have to sketch first and cut out - and they still look like eggs! Awesome idea Nikki, and thanks again for all your work organising our "hop" again!

Ruth said...

beautiful colors, love the combo together, makes me feel happy

Christine H said...

What a brilliant card...so many cute touches. And your colouring is superb!

Erica Boxall said...

Great card Nikki and fabulous way of making easter card without easter stamps. Love the colour combo, I don't think I have ever used apricot apeal but it looks great with the sage and plum. Thanks, Erica xx

Michelle said...

I love your creations very creative :-)

Donna Zammit said...

How clever are you, not an easter stamp in your stash and yet you can still whip up an easter card, that looks awesome. Cheers Donna Zammit