Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lovely As A Tree

We all get excited by new catalogues and new products don't we.  As a demonstrator I am often reminded that the current catalogues we have are ending and with it comes a retired list.  Whilst this is exciting, I often look through my stamp sets and accessories and wonder if I will have enough time to be creative before the products are retired.  I also have a big box of retired items for sale which show that as always I never have enough time ... sniff sniff.


To that end I've decided to push myself out of my comfort zone for the next couple of months.  I want to use  a colour I wouldn't normally pick, with a less loved stamp set and accessories I don't often reach for.


IMG_2054
Now I know if you have seen the retired US list that Lovely As A Tree isn't on it .... thank goodness .... but I have to confess that I have only stamped this tree once before - in 2009.  Are you wondering how I know the date - well almost everything I create goes onto this blog and Lovely As A Tree is one of the categories over there on the left - if you click on it you can see all of my samples using this set .... the Christmas Tree has had a great work out hasn't it!


IMG_2053
Now for the colours - Always Artichoke and the Denim Jean Ribbon - had the ribbon since it first appeared in the new catalogue and never used it - this is the Artichoke version.  I used markers to colour in the tree - Wild Wasabi and Always Artichoke for the foliage and Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip for the trunk.


This card is for my brother-in-law who celebrates his birthday later this week (its okay I don't think he even knows I have a blog so I won't have ruined the surprise).  


I've used a stamp from the Simply Soft Hostess set with Versamark for the background and the sentiment is from the Big Birthday set.  Lots and lots of daubing with Early Espresso to give it more depth.


I liked the card when it was finished - it was fun to use some of my less loved goodies.


Happy stampin'


Nikki


x


 



No comments: