Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy 14th Birthday KP

It our boy's birthday today.  He's 14 and growing up to be a lovely kid - but I could be biased!


IMG_2061
We bought KP an acoustic guitar for his birthday - so when I saw this post by the very talented Deb Wright, a fellow Stampin" Up! demonstrator in the UK, I knew I had to try to recreate it.


IMG_2063
I used the Hemp Twine to create the frets and strings and little silver brads - hope I have the terminolgy right!


We surprised KP with a visit to a guitar shop in Melbourne on Saturday, we kept the present a secret so it was good to watch his face as he realised what was happening.


KP loved his card which made the four hours I spent making it worthwhile lol.


Happy Stampin'


Nikki


x


 



2 comments:

Kathy McInnes said...

gorgeous, wonder if I can change it to a violin???

Deborah Wright said...

Hi Nikki, I love your take on the Guitar I think it is fab and I am sure your son was thrilled to receive such a lovely card. I hope he had a great 14th birthday. Love Deborah Wright x