Monday, April 2, 2012

One on 1 Blog Hop - April Update

 


Well I could write I have failed .....


I could have opted out of the blog hop for the first time in 15 months ...


but I just wasn't prepared to do that!


So whilst my March plan hasn't worked out for me at all, I'm still here, haven't failed, just postponed and I WILL have completed everything by the time we hop again in May.


So I'll leave you with a photo that probably explains my month perfectly.  My husband was home for 12 whole days this month - completing a course in Melbourne (so we did a lot of gardening - well chopping down of trees).  The children know I hate it when he goes back to Sydney so Olivia made some cakes whilst I was out on the 2 hour airport run .... isn't she just the best daughter!


IMG_0511

Til next month, be good and have fun - I've off to put together an Ikea desk with a sliding drawer and cupboard with shelves - currently flat pack .... wonder if I have been a little too over-ambitious ..... mother - daughter project - see I told you I hadn't failed - well not yet!


Its now time to hop along to visit Cindy.


Nikki


x



10 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Not failed - merely postponed. Hate it when Wookie is away working and hope your husband is home for a while now. Looking forward to the new SU catalog here especially the score tool ;)

Ruth said...

What a kind and thoughtful daughter you have.

kelly said...

i think spending precious time together as a family is a perfect reason for postponing OLW activities. looking forward to hearing more about your word next month. :) love, kelly

Cynthia said...

don't apologize Nikki. your priorities were clear and the beautiful thing about OLW is that it will be there when you have time to get to it. I am so seriously glad you posted. And ... I love those cupcakes!

Amanda (Scrappnbee) said...

No apologies needed. Take the time with DH and cherish it! I know that I would! What a precious girl you have! Awesome cupcakes! Thanks for sharing...and not failing LOL and hope to see you next month as well! -Amanda (Scrappnbee)

jill conyers said...

No worries Nikki. Postponed due to family priorities. I would do the same thing without a moments hesitation.
Hope to see you next month :)
[Fitness, Health and Happiness]

Melissa said...

Oh I totally get it! My DH is going to China this month... but what a sweet little girl you have!

Lisa said...

I am so glad your DH was there and that you were present with him!! And what a sweet girl you have. Sounds like the best month of all, really!

Christine Henderson said...

That's a perfectly perfect reason for a postponement! Hope those sweet little cupcakes helped with the emotions of another goodbye. xxx

Sue Madex said...

What a thoughtful daughter you have there. xx Hope the flat pack assembling went well!