Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Mum

IMG_1671
I bought this stamp set because I wanted to make a card from my Mum with it ... Apothecary Art is such a beautiful group of stamps.


As a lot of you know my Mum lives at home in the UK - I get told off for saying 'at home' but that will always be 'home' as long as my Mum is there.


Today Mum celebrates her birthday.  I haven't seen my Mum in far too long, we talk on the phone - but not as much as I would like.  But Mum does read this blog and sends me emails (including the gossip about one of my favourite soaps Coronation Street :o) yes I still watch it).  Thank goodness for the internet.


IMG_1672
I used a blender pen, ink and white gel pen to colour the little flowers and leaves and then highlighted the centres with little pearls.


I hope you have a great day Mum and enjoy your present - I am so pleased that I as I was sat here writing this post you emailed and said the card and present had arrived - what a great postal service we have.


Happy Birthday from Paul, Olivia, Kieran, Max and Spencer ... and me too.  Love and miss you Mum xx


Nik       


xxxxxxxxx



2 comments:

mum said...

this card is really lovely,thanks nik love from mum xx

Tina Gillespie said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!