Saturday, April 28, 2012

Blog Hopping with the Autumn Winter Mini

I need to warn you, sunnies are needed to view these cards I've made for this blog hop!


Welcome to the first of a few blog hops I am participating in over the next few days.  This one is to showcase the new Autumn Winter Mini - and I've chosen the Mixed Bunch set with coordinating punch - this is one of those sets that I loved from day one, was in denial that I really did need it, and succumbed within about two weeks of seeing the catalogue.


IMG_1735
I have a pocketful of ladies birthdays during the month of May and I wanted to make some really eye catching cards.  Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade and Basic Black has been a colour combo I have been itching to try out for a long time.


IMG_1741
The Ruffled Ribbons are so easy to use - they tie beautifully.  I've also used another new product from this new Mini, the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders - these are so cute and as well as the hearts you will also receive a scallop and shaped edge for cards - so versatile.


IMG_1742
All three cards were so quick to make.  The coordinating punch with Mixed Blossoms is perfect - and I used the 3/4" circle punch for the centres.  Of course, all the cards have a little bling .... the Rhinestone Jewels are perfect.


IMG_1734
The newest favourite Big Shot toy has to be the new Framelits Labels Collection - these are just brilliant - six different sizes for less than $50 - that's great value.  I've never used this type of die cut before and I love them.


You can take the sunnies off now because it is time to move on to visit Di Dunk - she is sure to inspire with a creation or three!


Thanks for visiting - please leave a comment if you can - we all love comments.


And visit again in a day or two for another blog hop or three :)


Nikki


x


 



9 comments:

Christine H said...

Such lovely cheerful cards, Nikki. What a great colour combo! You've inspired me to add that punch to my next order :)

Sue Madex said...

What a great colour combo - those colours just pop right off the screen. I think I've been late with every birthday card I've sent this year so definitely in need of some quick to whip up card ideas! Love these.

Christine Blain said...

I, too, LOVE the colour combo you've used, Nikki. These are some of my favourite cards that you have ever made; I really love them.

Claire Daly said...

Oh my goodness Nikki. These are super sensational!! Just LOVE the colour combination and the brightness and funkiness of them. Think they are my favourite too. This would make a GREAT class!

Alisha Watson said...

Love the colours Nikki, makes everything pop! I am now going to have to go buy that stamp set now :-/ Love how you have shadowed the last flower, looks stunning.

Tina Gillespie said...

Love, love, love the colour combination. Your cards are fabulous!

Di Dunk said...

Love love love your cards Nikki. Yes, they would make a great class. Love the colors. TFS

Margaret Knoops said...

I LOVE this stamp set & matching punch! Love your cards - so bright & cheerful!

Judy May said...

What a gorgeous set of cards, Nikki. Love the bright colour combo and all the cute details on them.