Friday, May 20, 2011

Melbourne Convention 2011

Well this time last week I was at Convention - how fast time flies.  It was fantastic - so much fun and so inspiring .... now to find the time to put some of those ideas into practice.


But I thought I'd show you some photos.  One of the major highlights for demonstrators is meeting up with other like minded women (and the occasional man) who are all passionate about the same thing.


I was very fortunate to meet and have a chat with Karen Cumming and Tracey Hanshaw who organise the Cards for the Troops - Karen is the brains behind this scheme and has been out to the depot in Sydney where the parcels are put together - it was amazing to speak with her.  Both of these ladies give so generously of their time.


And here is a wee sample from the 500 photos I took over the three days - is that obsessive? LOL


IMG_9161
My roomies from last year - the lovely Christine Blain and Judy May


IMG_9018
Some of my roomies this year ...
across the back we have Kathryn Rudderick, Dianne Dunk, Ros Davidson
and Nicole Nation
and in front we have Genna Gifford, Margaret Knoops, Alisha Watson
and Rachel Woollard 


IMG_9164
Nic and I (or is that Nic and Nik) at the Awards dinner


IMG_9251
Two of my most favourite people from the Home Office - Bonnie Thurber and Shannon West .... these ladies are just awesome and if you can, you simply have to see them in action - beautiful people.  Sadly I didn't get a photo with Shelli this year - I really do admire her business drive and passion - she is one very dedicated and clever lady.


IMG_9146
Bonnie Thurber demonstrating how to make a lovely fascinator, would have been perfect for THAT wedding - isn't she a scream!


I've been looking through the photos trying to pick out some from the Workshop Wows and other demonstrations we saw, but honestly, we saw that much 'new' stuff that finding something I can show you is very difficult.  Teneale Williams did show us how to do the 'Teneale Bow' - watch out for a few of those in the coming weeks and the lovely Delys Cram showed us a few scrapbooking ideas.  There was so much to take in - it really was very exciting.


IMG_9242
Yes camels were in the Convention centre - this year's Incentive trip is to Broome - they were huge and Shelli said they were smelly (she's hiding just behind the camera man!).


There was so much to see and digest .... rows upon rows of swap ideas, new products ideas, new colours, new goodies you are going to love, memento mall purchases (will take photos in the daylight - very yummy goodies) ... so many ideas are now swimming around my head so I am clearing a few hours over the weekend to sit down and have a play.


I'll be back next week with some projects to show you.


And if you are reading this and thinking .... 'I want to go next time' ... well you can, we are off to Canberra in May 2012.  Want to come?  Just ask me how!


Happy stampin!


Nikki


x


 



2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous photos, Nik .... I just love re-living it all (and seeing new stuff, like at "the Inn").

Karen Cumming said...

Nikki I loved reading this post - and that picture of Bonnie & the fascinator....too funny! Thanks for the lovely words about cards for the troops. Some of my ladies did a make n leave at club today so we're off again!