Thursday, May 12, 2011

Convention 2011 - The Swaps

Have you noticed how quiet blogland has been this past week?  That's because all of us Stampin' Up! demos have been beavering feverishly away - making swaps and organsing our lives so that we can be in Melbourne from Thursday to Sunday - mingling with the US and Australian Home Office staff and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators.


AUNZ_ShareWhatYouLove_logo
I love it .... its taken a bit of organising this year with my husband being away ... but thank goodness for my best mate Tracy - my kids are so excited to be staying with her this weekend and I thank her from the bottom of my heart xx


So what do have to show you today .... 70 swaps .... yes that's seven .... zero ..... not the 100 I wanted to make but one week ago today I had none - so I am extremely happy with 70 - and thank you Olivia for being the Big Shot queen and turning out all the butterflies and top note dies for me ... love you xx


IMG_8864
These worked out quick and easy to make and would be a great card to make for those moments when time is of the essence!  I made four different colours versions to suit all tastes:


IMG_8866
So Saffron and Regal Rose


IMG_8868
Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze


IMG_8869
Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point


IMG_8870
Basic Grey and Melon Mambo


Sorry for the terrible photos - taking photos at night is never good is it.  So in return for my 70 cards, I should come home with 70 other swaps from other demonstrators - so if you are a workshop lady - be prepared to be inspired with all the new ideas I'll have to show you.


Now I'll be home tonight (little thing called two kids and another day at school to organise - doh), so I'll upload some photos of the day for you to see tomorrow.  After that I'll be staying in the city with a heap (quite literally) of other demos until Sunday  ... but I will keep you updated with what's new and what's coming from Stampin' Up!


Nikki


x


 


 


 



1 comment:

Anita Meade said...

These are so gorgeous Nikki. Having 70 of these beautiful creations done is a great accomplishment. A bit jealous of you all having a creative, girlie weekend. Pity we couldn't have turned on some better Autumn weather for the event. This will only further damage Melbourne's reputation for cold weather! I'm sure you'll all have a blast anway. Enjoy! xxx