Saturday, July 24, 2010

ESAD Christmas In July Blog Hop


I hope you’re ready for the ESAD Christmas in July Blog Hop!  I love Christmas and I love that in Australia I get to celebrate it twice :)


You have arrived from Sharlene Torres site (Sharlene is the lovely lady who puts all of the ESAD hops together for us - thank you), but if you haven't, don't worry - a hop is a circle so there is no beginning or end, hop on here and enjoy the ride.  So firstly I need to let you know what ESAD is all about.  Well ESAD stands for Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators and it is an online group just for Australian and New Zealand demonstrators for Stampin’ Up!



We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors but we share our love for what we do with each other as Demonstrators.  We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how and cyberstamps and we are always there to help and support each other when its needed.  So if you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.


 
IMG_6205_2
Regulars to my blog will know I am a scrapbooker so whenever we have these hops I use it as an 'excuse' to get another page done LOL.  So this page is of Christmas day in 2006 - I'm still in 'scrapbooking catch-up mode' and when I complete a page like this I am so pleased .... another momentous day captured!



IMG_6217 I've used Baja Breeze textured card stock for the base as it matched Olivia's dress perfectly, and Rose Red for the accent colour to match Olivia's PJs. 


The ribbon detail has been made using the double rectangle punch - I've just punched it several times along the bottom edge - just using the edge of the punch as a guide to keep it 'evenly-ished' spaced and then I've threaded a piece of 1/4" Whisper White grosgrain ribbon through.


Stamp sets used are Season of Joy and Punch Pals, which I have stamped using the marker pens in Basic Grey and Rose Red, and I've added some little snowflakes along the top using a Versamark pad.  The Tag and Scallop Circle punches make these really easy little embellishments to make - the flowers of course of hand cut.



IMG_6218 The sparkly letters are of course, the Timeless Type Big Shot Alphabet - an absolute must for a scrapbooker ... I love being able to create any title that comes to mind without have to worry that I don't have all the letters.  I've then used the Two Way Glue pen and some Dazzling Diamonds to add some Christmas sparkle.

Journaling has been written freehand with a white Signo pen - I think handwriting is so important on our scrapbooking pages - in years to come my children and grandchildren will have heaps of examples of my handwriting ... so no matter how much you hate your writing ... you just have to include some on a page every so often.  And the Journaling reads:


Big smiles, young faces ...

Skinny 'ribbins' and transfer tattoos ...

Laptop, PSP, camera, fish tanks, Guinness Book of Records and lollies!


So there you have it - hope it inspires you to grab some Christmas photos and record the moment.  Now's the time to hop along to Clare Mcilhatton I've just found her site - yes by linking it here (and spent half an hour just having a little look around - Clare has made some beautiful things) ...



So thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment.




Scrapping Signature
 







20 comments:

sandra m said...

hmmmm I still have many christmas photos to scrap sigh, best get onto them.
Well done on your Layouts

Richelle said...

ooo love that title! I'm going to ask Santa for the bigshot alphabet lol :)

Claire Harrison said...

Love the colours you have chosen and the ribbon detail at the bottom of your page is gorgeous.

Leonie Schroder said...

love your layout Nikki. I too think its important to 'write' on our pages. Thanks for participating in the ESAD Christmas in July blog hop :)

Susan Joyce said...

Nice layout Nikki. I like the tag and the sparkle on the letters.

Karen Southwell said...

Lovely Layout Nikki.

clare mcilhatton said...

i love the idea of the the threaded ribbon using the punch. tfs your ideas!

Gardenia said...

Lovely page, a great layout!

Sonia Garbutt said...

Love the intertwined ribbon! That is such a cool idea!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers
Sonia

Bev Watt said...

Its a great layout, the ribbion sets it off nicely

Genelle Little said...

Beautiful layout Nikki! I find scrapping so challenging, so I always love checking out your pages!

Lynda said...

As I have said before..I am always in awe of S'bookers...I just never got it...but I love the people who have. The colours are beautiful and the bling letters are so pretty.

Julie Putland said...

Beautiful work Nikki, It just may inspire me to do a page. Thanks for sharing

Delys Cram said...

Lovely page Nickki!

Di Barnes said...

Fab layout Nikki. Love how you've been able include lots of pics together& the ribbon detail is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Di

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful colours, N, and I love the ribbon detail. What a gorgeous title; captures the day perfectly.

Rebecca Tipace said...

you can never have enough glitter at christmas!!! love the glitter on the letters.

Paula said...

The ribbon is such a perfect finishing touch. Very nice.

Paula said...

Oh, btw, your link to Claire's site isn't working for me :(

Carol-Ann Torrie said...

I love your choice of Baha Breeze and Rose Red for a Christmas scrapbook page: think I may have to try that soon