Monday, July 5, 2010

Making Merry Monday is BACK!

Oh yes, after a little break .... I am back in full Christmas card making swing again (and supporting the Cards for the Troops campaign) .... and to help with my inspiration for a layout I used the latest challenge over at Just Add Ink.


IMG_6074The first of the two cards I made using the sketch from the JAI girls is made with Melon Mambo and Elegant Eggplant.  I've used the beautiful tree from the Lovely as a Tree set and embossed it in silver.  I ran a two way glue pen around the edge of the top note die cut and added some dazzling diamonds and finished it off with the little post mark image from the Winter Post set.

The background is the snowflake from the Winter Post set too - I used a Versamark ink pad first but then thought I would add some snowflakes in craft white ink also.


IMG_6076And this is the second version ... my tree looks a little crooked doesn't it but it isn't I promise :)  This is a Rich Razzleberry and Kraft version.

July is such a good time to make a start on your cards .... just one a week will give you a great start - and whilst you're making one you might as well make two!


Blog signature
 
 
 



7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

The Rich Razzleberry and Kraft card is my favourite (no surprises there - it has Kraft on it!). I haven't ever thought to silver-emboss on kraft; must try that!

Jodene said...

Very pretty Christmas cards, I love the razzleberry and kraft combo as well!

Sam Kaspers said...

Gorgeous card Nikki, love it!! I really need to get that tree!!!

Danielle Daws said...

These are fabulous! I think my favourite is the second - the Kraft looks awesome with Rich Razzleberry!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Both are gorgeous but I'm with Danielle, as I love the combo of Kraft and Rich Razzleberry! Love the bling on the top of the tree!

Amy Buchanan said...

Very cute Nikki - I just can't decide which one is my favourite........

Amanda said...

Great take on the sketch challenge. Thanks for playing! xx