Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy 18th!

There is nothing quite so daunting as needing to produce an 18th birthday card for a boy is there?  But today is one of my nephew's birthdays - 18 ... already!



IMG_2769
I spent some time (okay lets me honest I spent a lot of time) on Pinterest and somewhere out there I found the inspiration for this card.


I'm in love with the new Midnight Muse incolour, so with the Bring On The Cake and Teeny Tiny Sentiments  stamp sets I set about making my own background paper.  Here's a hint for you - why not stamp up a whole A4 sheet - wish I had thought of that earlier :)


I then added a circle cut from Glossy White which I ran through the Bigshot with an embossing folder, some linen thread (cos I really wanted to add ribbon but had to remind myself who the card was for) and of course the die cut numbers.


Super quick and the design could be used for a number of occasions.  Hope you are inspired to give it a go.


I'm busy busy busy sending cards and gifts (and resolving once again, to DO ALL OF THIS EARLIER NEXT YEAR).  


Back tomorrow with SALE news!


Til then ...


Nikki




No comments: