Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spotlighting Technique

Last month's classes were focused on the Spotlighting Technique.  This is such a simple but effective way to make cards.



IMG_0777
I've used the Beautiful Season set - one of my favourites.  You stamp the image twice, then colour one of the images before punching a circle to highlight just one area.  I used the 1 1/4" circle and then matted it with a 1 3/8" circle.  You then position this back over the other stamped image - I used dimensions to 'pop' it up a little bit.


I coloured the bird using some Markers and the Blender Pen.  The Blender pen is great because the colour 'runs out' giving you that lovely shading effect with minimal effort :)  


The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments - there are two Real Red brads up on the top left and I've covered the join where the embossing ends on the background card with a strip of Glimmer paper.


If you'd love to learn some new techniques, I hold classes at my house twice a month on a Thursday night.  There are a couple of seats available in both - all the details of the classes are here.


I'll be adding a couple of Saturday afternoon classes during November so keep an eye out for the details or subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with all that's happening.  There's a sign up box on the right hand side of the page.


Just call or email to book your seat - the ladies are friendly and new members are made to feel very welcome.


Nikki


0428 254 952



No comments: