Saturday, September 29, 2012

More Spotlighting


IMG_2427
Another sample from the Spotlighting Technique class last month, this time using the new World's Greatest stamp from the World Spectacular Product Suite.  Stamped twice in both Basic Black and Night of Navy - this time we just punched the circle and used Dimensions to 'pop' it up on the card.


The embossing on the Whisper White is a new folder - it's in the Holiday Traditions catalogue and is called Woodgrain - it gives a really deep impression to the cardstock.


Now I have a funny story about this card.  I made this card at the request of my class ladies - they all wanted a Father's Day card.  As my dear Dad passed away a few years ago, this is the first Father's Day I've made in a long long time.  I thought I'd put it to good use and offered it to my two teenage kids to give to Paul for Father's Day.  You know what teenagers are like .... they were only too keen to take the card - it meant their crafty mum wasn't going to 'cajoule' them into making something the night before the special day.


Well they gave the card to Paul, and when he opened it, it was blank inside.  When he asked why there was nothing written inside, KP replied .... 'oh mum said she made the card for us to give to you - I didn't think we had to write in it as well as seal the envelope' ..... got to love teenagers yes!  Needless to say KP wrote some lovely things inside and Paul took it back to Sydney with him - he has a little display of cards in his apartment now.


Happy Stampin' 


Nikki


x


 



No comments: