Saturday, September 22, 2012

Another New Catalogue Blog Hop

Yes its time for more inspiration from the new catalogue. When I saw this stamp set I went straight to the top of the NEED list - Serene Silhouettes.

IMG_2473


Now are you wondering how I created the background? Well I've used the markers and one of my clear mount blocks. I've just scribbled onto the block with the marker, then placed a piece of Whisper White cardstock over the top and smoothed it to make sure all the colour left the block and was absorbed into the card.

IMG_2471


This sample is Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade - a colour combo from the Colour Coach tool.

IMG_2472


And this sample is Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red. I spent ages trying to work out what to do with this card as the centre piece was too small to be left by itself - I love the scored lines - in this case they filled the empty space perfectly and added just a little something extra to the card - love the Simply Scored Tool.

Do you spy something that isn't in the new catalogue? Yes the Ribbon Sliders are actually in the new Holiday Traditions catalogue - sorry I was creating cards for another blog hop tomorrow and just thought they would be perfect, it wasn't until I took the photos that I realised what I had done - oops!

Right time to hop along to visit the lovely Margaret Knoops - can't wait to see what she has created.

Nikki
x


10 comments:

Alisha Watson said...

Wow Nikki, I love it, going have to try that just gorgeous.

Margaret Knoops said...

I knew I missed something off my Wish List & it was Serene Silhouettes. October order - here I come! Great idea for using the clear blocks as stamps. Gorgeous cards!

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous background effect Nikki, love the scoring and buckle embellishment.

Christine Blain said...

That's a clever way to use silhouette stamps, Nikki - thanks for sharing!

Mary Kelly said...

That's a very effective technique - gives the cards a really artistic look.
Mary

Rachel said...

Love that background, and have the stamp coming next week, I hope. Thanks for inspiring another way to use the blocks.

Karen McG said...

Lovely cards Nikki! Clever trick with the clear mounts :o)

Di Dunk said...

This is yet another stamp set I have, but haven't tried yet Nikki. LOVE what you have done and must have a go at it myself. Thanks so much for sharing

Tina Gillespie said...

Love the scribbole effect in the background! Looks fabulous with the stamps you've chosen. Great cards!

Judy May said...

Love the background effect, Nikki. I had missed the cute ribbon slide in the Catty, so glad I'm it was on there!