Sunday, May 6, 2012

Project Life Blog Hop - May

It was whilst blog hopping through the One on 1 last month that I came across Jill Conyer's Project Life monthly blog hopping event - perfect for me as I love a deadline.


Now I am not sure if I am doing this whole Project Life thing the way I imagined I would do.  But for now I am enjoying noting the every day, taking more photos of just normal stuff and knowing that our family life is being documented.  This has taken the stress out of scrapbooking too.


For those that don't know me, I work full time, I'm a mum with two teenage kids and a Navy wife to Paul lives and works interstate just now - he comes home about every three weeks for a couple of days. I am a scrapbooker, card maker and Stampin" Up! demonstrator in my spare time!  So we start with the last week in February (if you want to see my previous updates click here).


IMG_1782
I use a couple of apps on the iPhone to help me to remember the important stuff each day.  Not that I use them every day!  I use Momento and Project 365.  This is great because it means I can make notes anywhere and at anytime.


IMG_1781I nag the kids for photos too - and this page has two photos from Paul too.  I've left some blank parts on the written cards as I need to find some facts and figures - you'll see a couple of blank spots throughout these pages.


IMG_1780I am finding it a challenge to switch around the plastics as I seem to take a lot of photos in landscape - but I have found that for some bits of the album it is easier to work out where I will put a photo and then add it to the 'to be printed file' on the computer so I can just slot it in at a later date.


As I was struggling to make some photos work in the plastics I left a whole page out!  I panicked for just a little bit before I decided that I will ask Olivia to fill up the page with photos of her time away with her friends - phew problem solved.


IMG_1779


I love the date cards - I am trying to complete a page per week - although for some events like holidays I am using as many pages as I need.


IMG_1778


I also love clipping photos from my phone.  The text message from Olivia is a great example of this - we have so many SMS conversations - it is good to be able to print these too.


IMG_1777


This is the beginning of the Easter holiday pages - I have used a few pages and more photos than hand written cards.


IMG_1776Isn't my friend's daughter amazing - doing the splits on a paddle board.  Olivia took the photo of the jetty in the dark - love it!


IMG_1775


Yes that really is my husband doing yoga on a paddle board!


IMG_1774


Its amazing how two grown men entertain themselves isn't it .... such show offs.


IMG_1773
Again a couple of blanks on the written card - I can't remember how many fish they caught lol.


Well that's as far as I have got.  The next few weeks after this have become a little sketchy - hence I joined the blog hop .... to refocus my thoughts and reignite my passion for Project Life.


So I will definitely be back next month.  Time to hop along to see Laew.


Thanks again to Jill for prompting me to make a start on my catch up.


Til next time.


Nikki


x


 



6 comments:

Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake!) said...

Your album looks great! My album is a work in progress too. I alwasy intend to go back and add more details and finish things up. It may nver happen but life is definitely well documented anyway.

Devon said...

Looks like everyone is having so much fun! It's tough to record a lot of the details. I find using the larger journaling cards, or not folding the ones that will fit into 3x4 and instead leaving them 4x6 creates a way for me to do this and it fills up a slot with something more than just another photo, which in some weeks, is a really good thing.

Sue said...

Loving catching up on your project life pages. Looks like lots of happy memories captured. xx

Helen said...

Your pages look fantastic. I love that you have such great focus on the photos - it looks like your family has a lot of fun - it's nice seeing a series of photos from one event - I must remember to do that more - I got too used to only 'picking one'

Chris H said...

Beautiful pages, Nikki. Such lovely memories captured forever. You are amazing when your life is already so full with parenting and working. xx

Lynn Wigren said...

Very colorful PL pages! Looks like a lot of fun!