Monday, March 5, 2012

Project Life Update

I've mentioned a couple of times that finally I have succumbed to the whole Project Life 'thing' but I haven't gotten around to sharing this with you.  Can I just say .... WOW WOW WOW!  This takes memory keeping to the next level - I love it - thanks Becky Higgins!  


What else can you do on a very wet and very cold Saturday afternoon?  Update the Project Life album of course!


IMG_1177I really liked the new Cobalt design - there are a few colours to choose from.  On the advice of some friends who had already completed a year of Project Life I invested in two of these albums, a Core Kit and some page protectors.  The Core Kit contains all the little journalling cards and space fillers together with stickers.  I also use a date stamp which I bought years ago.


IMG_1178The first page is pretty easy - there is a placement ideas card that I followed - so far so good! (I need to add something to the white space on the top right I think!)


IMG_1179I plan to complete one page per week, but for those weeks which are super busy then I am just going to go with the flow and fill as many pages as it takes.  This first week in January was spent in Sydney with Paul and our friends - so lots and lots of photos and memory making happening at this time!


IMG_1180The cards are part of the Core Kit and are colour co-ordinated - with stickers too - not really a sticker girl but I am using a few here and there.  I am making an effort to record the every day stuff too - the little things that happen that we will forget before the year is out.


IMG_1181This is the week after Sydney that I spent de-cluttering - and yes I did really include a picture of my oven being cleaned - just so that when life gets urber busy .... I can look back and say 'hey I am a good housewife - see my oven was clean in January' LOL


IMG_1182By the time we got to the end of January I was back at work and recording the every day was slipping. But I still managed to complete some sort of a record! 


IMG_1183And another week where things are a little bit out of order but still every day life that I wanted to record this year.  You'll see a little bit of scrap paper there with 'aussie flag' written on it - this is spot waiting for a photo - I have just come up with this plan :)


IMG_1185
And here's my most up to date page.  I found the date cards really useful and I've been working with all the different page protector layouts that I bought.  So my plan to keep ahead?


IMG_0488I've downloaded two Apps - Momento and Project 365.  Momento gives me somewhere to jot down things to remind myself when and why something happened .... and Project 365 is a photo a day app - with an SMS reminder to take a photo every single day.  Whilst I know I will never use all 365 photos it has worked well for me as the weeks just become a blur and it is hard to remember the mundane every day life we all lead.


I love both of these Apps because they are on my phone and I can update them at any time.  The camera on my phone isn't brilliant (hubby as the new iPhone 4S and wont swap with me sniff sniff) but that's okay - any photo is better than no photo at all.


I have a 'printing' folder on the computer so every day when I charge the phone I have the opportunity to upload the photos, edit them and pop them in the printing folder.  Then once a month I plan to print them off.


I've also been writing the little cards before printing the photos - that way I can decide whether to print a landscape or portrait photo to fit in the right space in the protector that I have chosen.  I want to get a bit more creative with it but for now I am happy.  It has given me the 'space' to be creative with my scrapbooking - which I am loving very much.


So there you have it ..... Project Life is amazing - I am really loving it.  What wouldn't you give for a snapshot of your life as a child growing up?   My kids are loving all the photos already and we are only 8 weeks in!


Til next time.


Nikki


x


 



2 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Love the snaps of your project life pages - isn't it just great for capturing the everyday moments. Will be so fun to look back on in a few years.

kay said...

very impressed with your work - with digital photos i find i don't print them out these days so they don't even get stuck in an album - and we find we love looking at the albums (even though there is nowhere near enough info about the photos/time etc etc)- must get on to that!......oh, and while it's sad when they move out....wait a little while and it's YIPPEE!!!!!