Monday, July 4, 2011

Stampamemory Challenge - July 2011 - Page Map

This moth's challenge over at Stampamemory, is to produce a page using a Page Map. I love Page Maps - they make one of the hardest parts of deciding where and how to lay out the page just so easy .... and then of course using Stampin' Up!'s range of coordinating products makes chosing and matching product and colours a breeze .... scrapbooking isn't hard at all now!


IMG_9436
And here's my interpretation.  I've used this layout design before - and I love it. Inspired by this month's Gift with Purchase, I used the colours of the free ribbon and buttons as my colour choice for this page - (see yesterday's post to check out how to qualify for this freebie).


IMG_9438These two girls are in some ways like chalk and cheese and in others just so similar.  They have been friends for over half their lives and for as long as we have lived in Australia.  When they are together - there is always a camera ... they are definiately not camera shy :)


Which is good for a scrapbooking mum!
 
IMG_9440I've added in heaps of different textures including tearing, using the polkadot embossing folder and the Pompom trim from the soon to be retiring Autumn Winter Mini. 


The title is from Fun and Fast Notes set - if you love this set a little birdie told me that it will be retiring in August - so check it out on page 46, and you want / need it have a chat with your demostrator or contact one of us from Stampamemory.


I also created a sheet of my own DSP.  Using the Extreme Elements stamp set, Daffodil Deight, Pacific Point and Melon Mambo inks, I stamped away and created an A4 sheet of customised cardstock.  I punched 1 1/4" squares and backed them with 1 3/8" squares - love how the SU punches just coordinate in size - made this job super quick and super easy.  I'll be making a couple of cards from the left over pieces so keep an eye out for them later this month.


IMG_9454
So that's the challenge for this month .... have a go, its great fun.  If you want to check out my other page using this map have a little looksee here.


Nikki


x


 


 



No comments: