Friday, July 1, 2011

One on 1 Blog Hop - June Update

Its the 1st of July - that means it's One on 1 time.  Hello if you have arrived from Cherie's blog, lovely to welcome you to my little part of blogland.  If you are a regular reader, welcome too ... hop aboard you are in for a treat.


IMG_9432
This month we had to get all 'arty' with our word.  To be honest with you, some of this was a little out of my comfort zone but I sat down and made myself complete the task in one sitting and yes ... I had fun.


We had to think about our word as we made our little canvases.  I've been struggling with a few things this month - nothing major just trying to keep myself focused on my goals, so this was good therapy for me.  I had a look through my stash for a few extra non Stampin' Up! things to use and spent two hours creating nine little works of art that are related to each other and individual at the same time.


IMG_9431
The words Joy, Love and Create are reflecting the contentment I feel with the constant reminder of my word and its meaning for me during 2011.  I started this because every year I made New Year Resolutions and I never kept them - this year I started the OLW journey and now I make sure I do this hop every month to keep me focused on what I have set out to achieve.


The little saying 'Follow your heart for it knows the way' is just so true - whenever I listen to my 'instinct' ... 'gut reaction' or 'mother's intuition'  I am never wrong ... I know this path is right for me, does this work for you too?


IMG_9434
I thought I'd show you the state of my desk by the time I had finished just for a smile - I know it is a small space but really, I ended up cleaning stamps on my lap - I had pulled everything out and didn't have anymore spare desk to clean the stamps on.  


This month has been a month of 'out of comfort zone moments' and I just know July will be too.   But I will follow my heart and I know it will lead me to where I want to be, and I'll keep trying to move from where I am comfortable into where I really want to be but am not brave enough to jump completely just yet - wish me luck!


And if you have any great ideas of how to shift from the weight loss plateau I have hit I'd love your tips - still 10 kgs lost - which is great ... but goodness me you'd think my body would have given up on holding onto the rest but nope - I'm stuck ... I'll beat it ... I know I will, but any tips would be gratefully received LOL


Have a great month doing whatever makes you happy.  Hop along now to visit Amanda's Blog to see how she has interpreted the task this month.


Come visiting again ...


Nikki


 



13 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love your artsy cards, you did a fabulous job for being out of your comfort zone!!! As for the plateau, just know that it is completely normal and if you keep plugging away, it will come off!! Our bodies have adjustment periods for sure!

MonicaB said...

I love how your canvases flow so nicely together. You did a wonderful job working outside your comfort zone.

jamie said...

your desk is perfect! i loved that you shared that insight with us. it makes the rest of us feel comfortable knowing that we all dove into this messy aspect of the prompt, and made our own messes.
i am glad you took up the challenge of the prompt, i am glad you are sticking with the olw, and i look forward to you being part of the hop next month too!
~j

Cheri said...

Love the cohesiveness of your canvases Jamie - it all flows so well and the quote is wonderful. I'm stuck at that same plateau (my body's favorite set point i think) and if you find the secret, please do share. In the meantime, know you are not alone.

Jen said...

Your canvases turned out great! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed making them once you sat down to do it. I'm looking forward to making mine (I just seem to always be a step behind).
I am also struggling with losing weight (I'm at a weight I can't seem to budge), but I know we'll do it! Hope to see you at next months blog hop!

Sue said...

I love your canvases Nikki - just gorgeous. I share your thoughts on that instinct thing too - the best decisions I've ever made were when I followed my gut. Must learn to listen to it more. (Except when it is asking for choccie biscuits!!) Love your OLW posts.

Lisa said...

I think your canvases are beautiful! I wish I could offer advice on the weight loss, but I'll be thinking good thoughts for you :)

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Cleaning your stamps on your lap ?? LOL I didn't even clean mine yet! Just tapped them off on scrap paper and shoved them back in their boxes!! Ha ha there's a job waiting!
Love what you came up with - great colours, gorgeous stamps, and a story we can all can all feel empathy with . . . a beautiful project by a beautiful person!

Julie Ann said...

Your canvases are beautiful and I love the quote. The inked edges in red look sharp too! xoxo

JennL said...

Really nice work this month, Nikki, I totally love your vibrant red color scheme - it works perfectly.
Ugh. I am totally stuck in my quest for a healthier and smaller me. Every time I start making progress, I end up back on a medication that causes weight gain! It is so frustrating. But I am comforted to know so many of us keep working anyway...

Margie S (Xnomads) said...

So pretty and they look fantastic together. How fun!

Sam @ Learn. Create. Do. said...

Great quote and I love how you have done your canvases.

jill conyers said...

Wonderful canvases and I love the picture of your desk. I took a similar shot but it was too blurry to share. Wonderful post this month!