Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Liz

A lovely lady told me this week that no matter what age you are, no matter what else you have on at that particular moment, the time is always right to welcome new friendships into your life.  


IMG_9735
Well, for me, that sums up the lady I made this card for.  Introduced through another lovely friend; Liz and I met whilst sharing a love for stamps and papercrafting.  


IMG_9738
As I was making this card I was thinking of all the other lovely friends I have met in the past two years;  ladies who understand how I can get so excited about a new roll of ribbon, a new set of stamps, a new technique that I just have to share, share a passion for 'daubing' or have got (or have survived!!) teenage kids ... or who just enjoy a cuppa and a chat, or a quick catch up by SMS.  I think I am so very lucky to have these girlfriends in my life.  


So Happy Birthday Liz, hope you have a super day and thank you for our friendship.


Love Nikki


x


PS - why have I waited so long to start using Cajun Craze?  Love the French Foliage set - it so suits this colour, and the Baja Breeze and Old Olive combination is a suggestion from my trusty Colour Coach.



4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

What a GREAT colour combo; love this card, Nikki. Love and hugs from another of "those" friends xxx

Margaret Knoops said...

Stunning colour combo - I don't use Crajon Craze either - maybe I will now! Thanks for sharing!

Anita said...

You are such an easy lady to make friends with Nikki :) Perhaps we'll meet in real life one of these days. Love the card. Hope Liz had a lovely day.

Sue Madex said...

Wow love that colour scheme - what a beautiful card, and lovely post to remind us of the terrific friends in our lives. Thanks friend. xx